• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I have T-mobile

Whizzer

Has anyone walk in the USA and pay them for a EU call plan? Did you have any problems by do this? I got them because of they are from the EU and hoping it easy to setup.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
T-Mobile does offer roaming service from Spain, but it is not inexpensive:
Spain
Rate per minute : $1.29
*Roaming charges do not include local tolls or long distance charges.
Country code : 34
Carrier Frequency Data Speed
Orange 1800Mhz 2G
Telefonica Moviles 900Mhz,1800Mhz 3G
Vodafone 900Mhz,1800Mhz 3G
Xfera Moviles (Yoigo) 3G 2100

I have an iPhone 3GS with an ATT Plan, and I added the European service before last year's trip. Yes, it was a bit pricy, but it saved hunting up recharge cards for my French cell phone for calls home, and it allowed my family to reach me as they normally would, rather than having to learn about international dialing (worth the price for reassuring ailing and elderly parents).

I think ATT and T-mobile use the same backbone and network technology (they're merging this year). The service worked well for me throughout France. But at a buck a minute, do keep an eye on your call time. And let the home folks know something about the price -- it will let you bring chats with the chatterboxes to a rapid conclusion.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
All I’ve seen this advertised here on the site and wondered if anyone had used one and what’s the experience. I’m follically challenged Irish guy so fair complexion but I also get very hot with...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back