Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I mailed my guidebook to Madrid!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

jeff001

Oct 19, 2006
Visit site
From Estella - Los Arcos 21.7 km 2 albergues on right

From Los Arcos - Viana 19.0 km albergue on c/San Pedro

From Viana - Navarette 20 km 2 albergue

From Navarette - Azofra 23 km 3 albergue

From Nararette - Granon 22 km 1 albergue

From Granon - Tosantos 22 km 1 albergue

From Tosantos - Ages 23 km 3 albergue

From Ages - Burgos 23 km

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A

Anonymous

I too like El Pais/Aguilar's guidebook, Minkey. It's not perfect, I don't think there's one, but I feel comfortable with it. I get a new one every time I walk, they're updated often. I don't usually follow their etapas; a lot of times I stay at a small town before or after their suggested overnight stay. I think in the end one should get a guidebook that "works" best for them, planning walks the day before based on info from the guidebook, yes, and any other available source. 6:30 am here,zzzzzz, let's have a good day :) Best, xm 8)

Minkey

Mar 4, 2006
London
Visit site
true, true, but the distances are always handy... and the little (out of proportion) profiles. There's a German book on "Jakobsweg" that my buddy has, but he was so obssessed with it, I can only hope he burnt the damn thing at Finisterre!!!

Re: Etapas, yeah... Best ignored. Some are good, some are outlandish... Portomarin to Melide being one of em. Totally unnecessary

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A

Anonymous

...the little (out of proportion) profiles

:lol: Hey, they gotta make their $ somehow/somewhere! Seriously though, I do like their descriptions of places we go through, towns, cities, etc., they give me ideas of what's around, what I may be interested in seeing, what not. This time around am getting Anton Pombo's Spanish language guide, the man himself recommended it particularly bec it icludes the Oloron-St-Marie - Summus Portus portion, my first etapa this time around. Am leaving for Madrid in some 23 "sleep days," Sil just told me! I find those words funny, "sleep days," & nice! r they Brit terms? Am picking up so many British phrases here that I suspect the time may come when no one here in the Florida swamps will be able to understand me, not that they do now... Best, xm 8)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just read this article from La Voz de Galicia. A Camino guide and frequent pilgrim with over 30 years of Camino experience calling for some greater regulation of numbers - at least on the...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Hello, two weeks ago, I finished the Camino Francés, and while all the recent memories have not properly settled yet, I think enough time has passed to write a bit about my experience of the...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Can anyone give me (newbie!) some guidance on planning my stages after Roncesvalles? I currently have lodging booked Zubiri, Pamplona and then Puente la Reine, and on from there. I would prefer...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides