• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I took the plunge

musicagl

Time of past OR future Camino
Part 1 - May 2011
Part 2 - May 2012
Part 3 - June 2014
Finisterre (for mom) Fall 2016
And bought my ticket to Toulouse. :D I'm going to do it. I originally planned to walk the entire Camino this spring (beginning in May), but a broken ankle one year ago and a long recovery squashed that plan. So I will walk from SSPdP to Logrono beginning May 19th. I'm scared. I'm excited. I will be searching this forum for tips and advice. Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Good for you musicagl.
Logrono is a nice place. Fun just to walk around the taperĂ­as at night.
There are over 50 tapas bar/restaurants in a very small area.
Good way to celebrate the completion of this stage of your Camino.
Buen Camino
Col

Hi, musicagl,

I second the opinion on Logrono. If you have time to sample the tapas, there are many outstanding places to do that. I remember some amazing tortilla, some amazing peppers, and some tiny little shrimp on top of a mushroom that were yummy. Here's how we navigated the maze of tapas (and we did this in places like Leon and Pamplona too). We found one tapas place that looked crowded and good, went in and had something, and then we said to the person waiting on us -- this was great, we would now like to sample another equally excellent tapa, can you suggest where we should go? We explained that we were only in the town for one night, walking the Camino, etc, and wanting to get a "feel" for the place, and we found without exception that the people we asked were always happy to point us to the "second best" tapas place in town. We really sampled some excellent food, which was always extremely welcome after the relentless drudgery of the menu del peregrino.

My other consistently good source of information is in farmacias. I don't know why, but whenever I'm looking for a place to stay, a place to eat, a place to buy something, I ask in the pharmacy and they always give me a good answer. In fact, on the Vdlp this spring, I went into a pharmacy to ask if they knew where any internet cafes were, and the pharmacist insisted I go to the back of his store and use his computer and internet!

Buen Camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Caminando said:
Hi Mus

Absolutely no reason to be scared; none at all.

Have a great time
Buen camino :arrow:

Thank you. Assurance is welcome.

Yes, the tapas in Logrono are great. Most of the tapas bars are centered around Calle Laurel.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Musicagl,
Welcome to a great adventure.
And what would adventure be without some unknown, uncertainty, and trepidation?

SJPP to Logrono is an excellent introduction to the Camino and first stage for you.
I started off slowly from SJPP, walking 23 kms per day and reached Viana in 7 days. I had breakfast in Logrono on my 8th day.

I hope your ankle is strong and doesn't give you any pain. Not trying to go too fast or far each day, an ice pack when you finish walking, and ibuprophen will help you along.

Take your own zip lock bag and ask to have it filled with ice in a bar, close to the albergue each evening.

Best wishes,
David, Victoria, Canada.

skilsaw said:
I hope your ankle is strong and doesn't give you any pain. Not trying to go too fast or far each day, an ice pack when you finish walking, and ibuprophen will help you along. Take your own zip lock bag and ask to have it filled with ice in a bar, close to the albergue each evening.

Great advice. Thank you very much. The ankle is strong but I'm definitely taking the ibuprofen! And the zip lock for ice is something I hadn't thought of. Thank you.

Ann, Milton, MA

Good on you Mus.

Your on line "minders" will be happy to give you advice. I see you have been part of the Forum for a while so you know the routine.

A gentle reminder... Less is more... less on your back is more lightness on your feet. That will make a big different.

All the best

Frood

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back