• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I was the peregrina that was assaulted close to Sacavem on Camino Portugues

For me revenge does not lead to anything good.

And for me too! I'm so glad that the violence you suffered at the hands of one man has not dented your faith in humanity. Thanks for the reaffirmation, and best wishes for your next venture.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Such a brave lady. It must have taken a lot to put this experience into text.

I have just seen your post. I was walking at the same time as your assault. I am so, so sorry about what happened to you. I heard about it from a young German doctor. She said that she knew you. It deeply affected her. I was walking with one of my best friends from college. Jerry was walking because of the death of his wonderful daughter, Jenny at the age of 29. We met another dad. The three of us being dads of beautiful daughters walked with this young Doctor for a few days. She had fear of this creepy guy who kept saying he wanted to care for her. For a few days we walked with her. Then when she wanted to be continue at her own pace, we were a little slow for her, we made sure that this guy started later with us, walked much shorter distances for a couple of days to give her time to move far, far ahead. It was our pleasure. I hope you will walk again and have an experience of wonder and happiness. Been Camino whatever you do!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank God that you're OK and not discouraged! Stay vigilant and keep on keepin' on!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum