• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Iberia has Changed the date and time for My Flight Four Times

ParistoCapeCod

"Come on mom this 14k isn't going to walk itself."
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese, Primitivo, Norte. Hospitalera
Hi Folks, Just a heads up to be sure your airline's emails aren't going in the spam folder. I am going back for a not-quite-usual route in April and am flying from Boston to A Coruna, walking Lugo to SdC, and flying back from Sdc to Boston. Every time Iberia makes a change I have to coordinate all of our flights again. Who knows when we'll actually get to/from Spain, but the camino will put us exactly where we are meant to be.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Delta is pretty famous for that too. Sometimes I get an email, sometimes I don't. SO I make it a habit to check my reservations about once a week. They really messed with a trip recently my husband took to NYC!

This would indicate that the various legs are ticketed separately. Is that so?

When my wife and I travel, we normally ensure that the complete trip to and from Australia is covered by one ticket. For any internal flights, eg within Europe, we are happy to have separate tickets. This ensures that any consequential booking changes are the carrier's responsibility for those critical phases of our travel.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This would indicate that the various legs are ticketed separately. Is that so?

When my wife and I travel, we normally ensure that the complete trip to and from Australia is covered by one ticket. For any internal flights, eg within Europe, we are happy to have separate tickets. This ensures that any consequential booking changes are the carrier's responsibility for those critical phases of our travel.
It's one ticket, but Iberia doesn't fly to the small airports as often in winter so it's a bit tricky.

I bought my ticket from Sdc to Madrid through a travel agent before Xmas and went to pick ticket up last week and they had changed my flight (end of May) from a resonable day time to arriving after 11pm, thank goodness she found me another flight at a suitable time and rang them to confirm and convince them i was travelling alone to a city i hadn't been to before and they agreed to change it at no cost. Is this a fairly normal thing with Iberia, i have travelled with Vuelling before and no problems. i guess i'm lucky that i'm staying in Madrid for 3 days and its not a connecting flight. Judy.

I was pleased when Iberia changed my flight to a later time - I now have a shorter wait in Madrid airport before my Korean Air flight leaves in the evening. It is an ill wind that blows no one any good.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back