• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Identification of Albergues

AlexisJK

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way (Sept 2017)
Hello! I will be starting my Caminho from Porto in a couple of weeks. I wanted to find out how you figure out which buildings the albergues are?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi AlexisJK, I haven't walked the CP but almost all albergues I've stayed in are clearly signed. Some even have yellow arrows leading up the the door. Most will be on or near the camino. Your guide whether book or app will also give directions. Many will have some scruffy looking pilgrims :) hanging about outside catching some sun and/or endlessly fussing over their feet. :) There may be clothes lines at the back hung with various walking clothes. Just inside the door will be racks for boots and a container for walking poles. Finding your albergue for the night is part of the fun. Don't worry. You'll be fine.
Have a great camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello! I will be starting my Caminho from Porto in a couple of weeks. I wanted to find out how you figure out which buildings the albergues are?
Usually albergues has address, you know - the street address, like yours at home. That's it ;)

Many will have some scruffy looking pilgrims :) hanging about outside catching some sun and/or endlessly fussing over their feet.

Thanks for a good laugh :)

And some of them, you just can't miss. Take this one for example:

139b.jpg

Actually, there are two albergues in the picture above. The white-walled private one is quite successfully competing with the municipal one next door (to the right).
Jill
P.S. I know this albergue is not on the Portuguese camino - it's just an example of what they can look like ;)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back