• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2022 CF
God willin' & the creek don't rise
I decided at a young age that I'd rather be a traveler than a tourist.

I wish to sincerely thank this amazing community for helping me along on my path. From the start I was interested in how we can begin by discussing our backpack and end up considering the unnecessary baggage that we all carry around every day. I might ask a question about my shoes or a train, for example, and the folks here do know the practical facts but also give a little more--extra--valuable information! I really appreciate this.

I'm often reminded, even at my advanced age, that I don't even know what I don't know. Of course, we all take in this valuable information at our own speed. We follow our path step by step. If I ever catch myself thinking: "just answer the question", I remind myself to always keep an open mind and accept any and all information in the spirit in which it is given. So again, thank you all... I've learned so much and I know I still have a lot to learn!

As wonderful as my first Camino was, I know my second one will be even better!

And, yes, I'm proud to be one of the cranky old people.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have a question for you, what do you mean by

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium.​

I know the quote from tourists on eg cruiseships
once cruising you get an itinerary which shows you the ports of call every day.
so sailing from Puerto Mont in Argentina on a monday , next day arriving at the Falklands, I heard somebody saying “ today is Tuesday, this must be the Falklands. Obviously the person had no itinerary present but concluded that the tuesday belonged to the Falklands
I love it 😊

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I used that quote "If it's Tuesday...." several times when I walked 2 years ago. I found after Pamplona it all became a blur. Where was I yesterday? Where am I going to today? At times I felt I had entered a Twilight Zone of ever changing but still the same loop of towns and villages. Had I suddenly developed dementia or amnesia? I do know that I developed a desire to return to Camino almost as soon as I stopped walking.

As for other quotes, I frequently use "It must be Thursday. ... I never could get the hang of Thursdays" For some reason very few people recognize that line from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Buen Camino!

Whatever the reference : Belgium is a great country 😉.
We even have some wonderful Caminos. Not forgetting great pubs and restaurants.
And if you love Leon and Burgos then you will love Antwerp, Gent or Mechelen 😀.

Also has some very nice chocolates and beer.
And some very nice people. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was in Dinant in December, having a drink at a local place overlooking the river before we headed out to explore, and looked down, and there was a Camino sign! And since I was with two of the people with whom I'd walked my latest Camino, of course we had to take a picture. So now it's on our "someday" list.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back