Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm ready to go!

Roy

Mar 23, 2008
My ruck-sack is packed and I am ready for the 'off'. After all these weeks of planning and trying to get some quality walking done, my VdlP odessey starts Sunday 30th March from Sevilla. My name is Roy and my home is in Wales from where I cycled to Santiago de Compostela in 2000. This time I am a foot slogger having much more time on my hands nowadays. I have no end date in mind and my plan is to have no plan, that way I can free my mind and respond to any situation that may arise.
So much for my meticulous planning though. My Clickair flight arrives late Friday evening so I have only the next day (Saturday) to obtain my credenciàl as I want to start my peregrinaciòn on Sunday.
I hit my first problem as both the offices of the Cathedral and Amigos del Camino are closed on weekends. I e-mailed the latter who informed me of 2 other possibilities to obtain a credenciĂ l, the Youth Hostel at C/Isaac Peral 2 or Turismo de la Provincia in the Plaza del Triunfo (Santa Cruz). I hope this info is helpful to future pelegrinos.

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

lckgj

Sep 23, 2006
Wiltshire. England
I agree with Johnnie that having no plan is an enviable state! What a luxury to have no deadline to meet.
The VdlP is still only on my "to do" list so I cant offer any advice but wish you all the best and am sure the little waft of envy emanating from some of us stuck at home will help propel you on your way!
I assume you have seen, and are prepared for, the snowy weather?

By the way John, I was just reading the blog of someone I met last year on the camino and he mentions meeting someone called Johnnie Walker in a bar (claiming to be with Jack Daniels I think!)... surely couldnt have been you? ....In a BAR??

Buen Camino Roy

All best wishes, Laura

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Roy,
I am right behind you...actually by a month. If you have the ability and time, let me know how things are along your journey.. Information from the Via is scant although I too am one of those that loves to wing it. A little preparation I can do, like knowing cool places to stop at. May your trip be everything you want it to be. And more.
Hasta la Via, baby!
Lillian

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.