• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In Finisterre and a bar recommendation

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
Hi all,
Phil and I are in Finesterre today and tonight. We had a mishap at the great restaurant and bar El Puerto where Phil confidently ordered two rounds if Goyza Shrimp 20230627_183857.jpg and then for supper ordered the regular Gambas (shrimp) and got this
20230627_192117.jpg
He bravely tried to deconstruct one, and then gave up and ordered cheesecake.
I ate his shrimp and my fresh razor clams. Then we went to a neat bar right across from our room called A Galería Bibliotaberna. Very cool and a sea view. We gave up our cool sea view m seats to a young family and sat near the door nursing our drinks and looking at the photos and decor 20230627_191715.jpg20230627_202430.jpg20230627_202434.jpg
We walked around today and hope to hit the lighthouse in the morning. Saw the live fish market, picked up sea glass and a limpet shell on the beach.20230627_170812.jpg20230627_165148.jpg20230627_165111.jpg20230627_165054.jpg

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My like of a 🙏 above was for including the picture of the razor clams. We can get them here at home but they have never been as good as in Spain.
It was very cool seeing the boxes of them at the auction and then going across the street to eat some. Very fresh indeed! We don't get this kind of fresh catch in Wyoming. Trout maybe if you catch it yourself, but our seafood is shipped in already dressed and usually frozen.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
In Spain I have had razor clams twice. Both times in Fisterra. The first time they were tasty and tender and I loved them. The second time they were tough and rubbery and I hated them.

No problems with the almejas - yet.

We asked for recommendations from our hotel owners. They directed us to the place we ate and said it was one of the best for the parilla or grill and that meat rather than fish was their specialty. They had aged beef in the cooler on display. The grill was not yet open though and Phil had hoped to get the lamb chops (although they did not come from Galicia). I found the shellfish good and of course very fresh. The place next door was supposed to have the best pulpo and shrimp, but they were not open...the cheesecake was tasty.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back