• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any recommendations on accommodations in Finisterre?

caminoj

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon to Santiago de Compostela (April 2014)
Hello,

My husband and I are planning to walk from Sanitiago to Finisterre in October. I am interested in any recommendations for accommodations in Finisterre and am also confused about the difference between Finisterre vs Fisterra. Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I just stayed in Pension Finistelle. I had a triple room with bathroom for 55 euro a night and stayed two nights. It is part of Finistelle Albergue but is in a separate building. It is on the outskirts of the town but on the walk towards the lighthouse.

A couple that I walked with stayed at Hotel Mar de Ardora Wellness & Spa - it was very nice.

Hello,

My husband and I are planning to walk from Sanitiago to Finisterre in October. I am interested in any recommendations for accommodations in Finisterre and am also confused about the difference between Finisterre vs Fisterra. Thank you.

All comes down to things like budget, what type of bed you want, location preferences.

I stayed at Hospedium H Cabo Sport. Very nice double room, and private bathroom.
It has a self serve washer and dryer behind the lobby area. (coin operated)
And it's a 2 minute walk to the harbour area with all the eateries.
The bus stop is 1 minute away.

Took me a while to work out which place it is, because it's above a modern sports clothing store!
Just go to the counter in the store to check-in.

THey do breakfast, but I needed an early start walking to Muxia, so did a DIY breakfast in my room.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello,

Hi,
all depends ofcourse of your needs and requirements. We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Rustico Finisterrae,
a very nice quiet place outside the center, it's a bit of a climb but with wonderfull views and a great breakfast!, it sits right on the alternative way to the lighthouse via forest ways.

We stayed at Hotel Semprefisterra. Nice couple with an infant run the small hotel. They don't open for checkin until 4 pm. Near bus stop, harbor,etc, but on a quiet street.

A couple that I walked with stayed at Hotel Mar de Ardora Wellness & Spa - it was very nice.

My daughter and I also stayed there. So GREAT! And the Food and Sunset Restaurant was spectacular!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed at Hospedium H Cabo Sport. Very nice double room, and private bathroom.
I stayed at Cabo Sport as well. Super convenient, nice airy room, cute cafe across the street.

I have stayed twice at a wonderful albergue called Albergue de Paz. It is close to the center of town. It is mellow and clean and the owners are wonderful. I am not sure if I will go back to Finisterre again as I really like Muxia more. Either way it is a great walk from Santiago.

I stayed at Hotel Rustico Prado da Vina in 2019. I was nice and peaceful with a easy walk into town. Also an easy walk to the beach on the other side for sunset.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks, this is very helpful
All comes down to things like budget, what type of bed you want, location preferences.

It has a self serve washer and dryer behind the lobby area. (coin operated)
And it's a 2 minute walk to the harbour area with all the eateries.
The bus stop is 1 minute away.

Took me a while to work out which place it is, because it's above a modern sports clothing store!
Just go to the counter in the store to check-in.

THey do breakfast, but I needed an early start walking to Muxia, so did a DIY breakfast in my room.

thanks very much! This is very helpful.

I'm a big fan of Albergue de Paz, I've stayed there four times. It has the "family" atmosphere of small, old, donativo albergues.

I have stayed twice in the very modern Hotel Costa da Morte in Fisterra. Last Oct after walking to Fisterra after my CF and in May after my CP. A family hotel, the breakfasts are to die for, not literally😀. Great rooms and comfort with all the facilities you need.

Well recommended

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,
all depends ofcourse of your needs and requirements. We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Rustico Finisterrae,
a very nice quiet place outside the center, it's a bit of a climb but with wonderfull views and a great breakfast!, it sits right on the alternative way to the lighthouse via forest ways.

Yes, I also stayed there 2 nights this past June and the breakfast was great.

Hello,

I stayed at the Hotel Mar de Fisterra. After all those albergues with people snoring etc I treated myself to this boutique hotel recommended to me by a person I met on the Camino Frances who was walking west to east. :)
This is a lovely affordable boutique hotel right on the water with a fabulous breakfast. I had a lovely 3 nights there (to rest before the long journey back to the US) and they set me up with a massage at a place across the street. It's close to downtown for a walk to dinner on the harbor as well as close enough for a walk to the lighthouse (a must). Easy walk to the bus station to get back to Santiago for my night bus to Madrid and flight home. Buen Camino

I am just leaving Oceanus. Not bad, but a bit expensive (18€).
I recommend to stay away from the Albergue municipal de Fisterra : it has a very bad reputation regarding thefts. It seems to be not a really safe place.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have twice stayed in Hostel Mariquito ,very friendly with a homely bar/café downstairs.

I stayed at "Pension Mirador Fin de Terre" in Finesterre and loved it. It has an 8.7 rating on Booking.com. It sits high and has stunning views on an enclosed patio.
Screenshot_20230903-220913~2.png

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.