• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

lockers in Finisterre?

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023 Camino Frances
Hi all,
I'm planning on going to Finisterre but don't plan on staying there overnight. I plan to take the last bus back to Santiago. The recommendation is to walk to the lighthouse without your pack. I assume most people that follow this advice is staying the night and so can leave their belongings where they are staying. Is there any albergue/hostal/bar that will allow me to leave my stuff there while I do this walk? Or even a bus station with lockers? Thanks...

- bobby

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don't know if this would work, but there is a kind of "hippie" gift store across the street from the bus stop. You could ask if they would watch a bag for you for a price? Don't know if it would work. Incidentally, we took a cab to the lighthouse took a few photos and back to the cab stand in front of the hippie store for 10 euros this summer.

It’s really a small town and the “bus station” is really just a signposted spot on the sidewalk. There are a lot of people carrying their bags to the lighthouse as you can’t check into an accommodation until the afternoon and mamy folks arrive before then.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't know if this would work, but there is a kind of "hippie" gift store across the street from the bus stop. You could ask if they would watch a bag for you for a price? Don't know if it would work. Incidentally, we took a cab to the lighthouse took a few photos and back to the cab stand in front of the hippie store for 10 euros this summer.
did the cab wait for you or did you take a different cab back? (edit: i saw your post on another thread where you said that the cab waited for you)

also, is there a bus stop near the light house? (edit: i assume no)
It’s really a small town and the “bus station” is really just a signposted spot on the sidewalk. There are a lot of people carrying their bags to the lighthouse as you can’t check into an accommodation until the afternoon and mamy folks arrive before then.
thanks for this info! yes, we'll be walking from cee so should get there way before noon. at least we won't be the only ones with our packs.

did the cab wait for you or did you take a different cab back? (edit: i saw your post on another thread where you said that the cab waited for you)

also, is there a bus stop near the light house? (edit: i assume no)

thanks for this info! yes, we'll be walking from cee so should get there way before noon. at least we won't be the only ones with our packs.
Bus is in town only.

The bus stop is actually an outdoor area, but there is a kiosk where there was an attendant this summer near the time the buses arrive. She helped get the crush of people on and off the correct buses. When we were catching the bus to Muxia, there was also a bus there going to A Coruna (I think) at the same time so some confusion. The bus doesn't go to the lighthouse, but plenty of taxis were waiting across the street from the bus stop.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The bus stop is actually an outdoor area, but there is a kiosk where there was an attendant this summer near the time the buses arrive. She helped get the crush of people on and off the correct buses. When we were catching the bus to Muxia, there was also a bus there going to A Coruna (I think) at the same time so some confusion. The bus doesn't go to the lighthouse, but plenty of taxis were waiting across the street from the bus stop.
Very busy at the bus stops this summer in both Muxia and Finesterre. It is a good idea to get your ticket online ahead of time as those with tickets are allowed to board first. Those buying from the driver have to wait until ticketed passengers board and we saw people who had to wait for the next bus at Muxia back to Santiago. It was sort of every person for themselves to get your bag on and off the bus with the crowd of folks...may not be that way in less popular seasons.

Hi all,
I'm planning on going to Finisterre but don't plan on staying there overnight. I plan to take the last bus back to Santiago. The recommendation is to walk to the lighthouse without your pack. I assume most people that follow this advice is staying the night and so can leave their belongings where they are staying. Is there any albergue/hostal/bar that will allow me to leave my stuff there while I do this walk? Or even a bus station with lockers? Thanks...

- bobby
Albergue Cabo da Vila will let you leave your bag there for a few euros. I'm not sure exactly how much but I was just there in late July and saw that they offered this service ;)

Very busy at the bus stops this summer in both Muxia and Finesterre. It is a good idea to get your ticket online ahead of time as those with tickets are allowed to board first. Those buying from the driver have to wait until ticketed passengers board and we saw people who had to wait for the next bus at Muxia back to Santiago. It was sort of every person for themselves to get your bag on and off the bus with the crowd of folks...may not be that way in less popular seasons.
thanks for all the info! it's comforting to know what to expect.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back