• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In Madrid, and getting ready to go to Pamplona

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey Kris. my husband and I met up yesterday with gwdelmar and his wife in Sarasota. Had a great 3 + hour breakfast talking about our upcoming September Caminos. We'll all have to get together next fall when we get back.
Take care and have a"Buen Camino"

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Eating my very first Spanish breakfast...well deserved after a 2+-hr walk to find my hostal (Madrid is not flat) and a 5-minute taxi ride to Atocha. Well at least I got some good exercise. Next stop, train to Pamplona and then to Corazon Puro.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum
Wow, I envy you already although I'll start walking from Madrid in a bit more than 3-weeks time. Take care and have a nice Camino!!!

Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Eating my very first Spanish breakfast...well deserved after a 2+-hr walk to find my hostal (Madrid is not flat) and a 5-minute taxi ride to Atocha. Well at least I got some good exercise. Next stop, train to Pamplona and then to Corazon Puro.

How exciting Kris. I fly out from Australia in 12 hours and arrive in Barcelona. Hope to catch up with you on Wed evening. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am so excited. I think the butterfly's are doing back flips in my tummy.
Felt the same way starting out. I am now in St. Jean waiting for Beliari to open... Have a few hours so it took care of getting my Altrus rain poncho (red so I can't be missed) and some trekking poles at the Pellerin Boutique. The gentleman that works (owns?) it was very helpful. ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401089446.163944.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401089462.841945.jpg

How exciting for you. I am at the airport about to board my plane. Will be in Barcelona tomorrow afternoon.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

If you have time to reply, and I understand if you can't, can you tell me how much time you allowed before the train left from Atocha. We have tickets for the 07.35 from Madrid to Pamplona and thought we would get there at 7. Is it a 5 min taxi ride from the centre of Madrid? Would we need to book a taxi or is it easy to get one. It's the little things that seem to be on my mind. Thanks for the photos. We share your excitement. Buen Camino. Hope you have fair weather.

Felt the same way starting out. I am now in St. Jean waiting for Beliari to open... Have a few hours so it took care of getting my Altrus rain poncho (red so I can't be missed) and some trekking poles at the Pellerin Boutique. The gentleman that works (owns?) it was very helpful. View attachment 10253View attachment 10254

Kris, if you get a minute or so, can you tell me how much the poles and Altus cost you. No need to convert to dollars, I'll figure that out.
Thanks a bunch, Linda

If you have time to reply, and I understand if you can't, can you tell me how much time you allowed before the train left from Atocha. We have tickets for the 07.35 from Madrid to Pamplona and thought we would get there at 7. Is it a 5 min taxi ride from the centre of Madrid? Would we need to book a taxi or is it easy to get one. It's the little things that seem to be on my mind. Thanks for the photos. We share your excitement. Buen Camino. Hope you have fair weather.

Hi, sriyantra,
Atocha Station is in central Madrid, and probably about a 5 minute cab ride from Puerta del Sol (not sure what part of Madrid you are staying in). I think getting there at 7 would give you plenty of time. Taxis are plentiful in central Madrid, you'll probably have a taxi stand not too far from your hotel, and they cruise the streets as well. Wishing you a great camino! Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, sriyantra,
Atocha Station is in central Madrid, and probably about a 5 minute cab ride from Puerta del Sol (not sure what part of Madrid you are staying in). I think getting there at 7 would give you plenty of time. Taxis are plentiful in central Madrid, you'll probably have a taxi stand not too far from your hotel, and they cruise the streets as well. Wishing you a great camino! Laurie
Thanks for that. We are staying at Hostal La Macarena, Calle Cava de San Miguel - great name makes you want to dance! Thanks for the info.

Most definitely!

Kris,
We'll look forward to meet in the fall and share some stories. As petitewalker mentioned you, we met last weekend and had a great time. Hopefully, we will all come back with great memories. Meanwhile, good luck, God Bless, and BUEN CAMINO !

Hey Kris. my husband and I met up yesterday with gwdelmar and his wife in Sarasota. Had a great 3 + hour breakfast talking about our upcoming September Caminos. We'll all have to get together next fall when we get back.
Take care and have a"Buen Camino"

petitewalker,
Thanks, for the great time we all had last Saturday. We enjoyed much. Definitely, we will be looking forward to all get together in the fall. Hope you had a safe trip up north !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Kris,
We'll look forward to meet in the fall and share some stories. As petitewalker mentioned you, we met last weekend and had a great time. Hopefully, we will all come back with great memories. Meanwhile, good luck, God Bless, and BUEN CAMINO !
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401269065.746539.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1401269098.512758.jpg

Made it to Orrisson, but decided today that I will get a ride to Roncesvalle and walk on from there. I am glad I did go to Orrisson, but being out of shape, it was tough going and not wanting to risk injury, I decided to bypass this. So today I will walk about 12 km to Biskarreta and the Corazon Puro.

Made to Viskarret, back to the Corazon Puro. About 12.5 km (not including inclines), made it in 4 hours and only fell in mud once. :)

Never has a shower felt so wonderful!

Oh the adventure! Buen Camino Kris

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi kris
I left Roncesvalles today and was going to stop at Espinal but was there at 9.30 so continued on to Visskarett, there was no room at Curozon Puro so I ended up getting a taxi to Zubiri. My knee was playing up with all the steep descents into Visskarett. I am hoping it is better tomorrow so I can continue the journey.

Hi kris
I left Roncesvalles today and was going to stop at Espinal but was there at 9.30 so continued on to Visskarett, there was no room at Curozon Puro so I ended up getting a taxi to Zubiri. My knee was playing up with all the steep descents into Visskarett. I am hoping it is better tomorrow so I can continue the journey.
Where are you staying in Zubiri? I am here NOW (Thursday) at Albergue Zalidiko).

I
Where are you staying in Zubiri? I am here NOW (Thursday) at Albergue Zalidiko).

am around the corner at El palo I think it is called. First on the right after the church. I will be sitting down by the church on the corner if you are around. Hoping to have dinner at the cafe there

Is that the cafe with the coca cola sign? I am not sure of the street but my Albergue is the first after the benches as you walk into Zubiri (across street from a pension. Taking a little siesta. What time are you doing dinner? I already ate, but I can definitely do a cafe con leche.

Is that the cafe with the coca cola sign? I am not sure of the street but my Albergue is the first after the benches as you walk into Zubiri (across street from a pension. Taking a little siesta. What time are you doing dinner? I already ate, but I can definitely do a cafe con leche.

I am going to the cafe at 6 pm. Have a purple shirt and a blue knee brace and red Teva sandles. Be good to meet you

Made to Viskarret, back to the Corazon Puro. About 12.5 km (not including inclines), made it in 4 hours and only fell in mud once. :)

Never has a shower felt so wonderful!

Hello Kris,
Hope you're doing fine. Stay strong !

George

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.