• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In the shadow of pilgrims: VdlP - Graeme Bennett

gb

Time of past OR future Camino
05 Puy en Velay > Santiago; 12 Seville > Santiago
My next long walk starts in Seville on 7 September and will end some 50 days later at about 25 October. It is both a fund raising exercise and another personal challenge. I am raising funds for the British Ex-Servicemen's Association (BLESMA) (see below) and have an initial target of £500 but, ideally, would like donations to total the distance walked (1000 km), that is £1000.
Should any readers here wish to donate I would be very grateful and the ultimate recipients even more so.

My aim is to complete the walk at one go, stopping for 2-3 nights in the more interesting towns, eg Salamanca.

As in 2005 when I walked from Le Puy en Velay in France to Santiago I shall make periodic postings here and on my blog http://www.gbwalk2.blog.com

Ages ago I heard that the route is attractive and interesting though I think it might be better in spring than autumn. However, I cannot wait that long! Training is under way: several decent walks already done carrying rucksack and to break in new boots which I needed when 3 days ago I discovered the old ones were collapsing!
gb

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Will you be publishing a blog? My own Camino (first) is planned for the VdlP next March/April but I may have to delay until fall and will be interested in your experiences at that time of year. My thought now is that a March/April walk will put me in Galicia at the worst of the rainy season which I had hoped to avoid. I would also prefer October for post-Camino travels. I wish you well on your venture and look forward to following your journey.

As you will see from my post above, Janet, yes I will be publishing a blog. It is already open.

Buen camino on your journey.

gb

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have walked this route in both fall and spring, and it's beautiful in both seasons for different reasons. You will have a fantastic time, and I wish you well with your fundraising. I will be starting out from Sevilla in September, too, but at the end of the month. The entrance into Salamanca is very inspiring, by the way -- much more so than into Santiago!

Melanie

Thank you Melanie. I have been to Salamanca by car but I'm sure the arrival on foot will be marvellous - and a relief no doubt!

I have started looking at Sevilla temperatures and it's pretty hot at present: some 35-40C. I expect it to be very similar in 3 weeks time. 39C today from where I am writing in France but here this is exceptional.

gb

Hi Melanie,

I hope to arrive in Merida ( from Granada) about Oct 8, so I might meet you on the VDLP. Of course , this depends on how fast you walk-------I will be taking my time !!
I will have the Forum badge on my backpack.

Buen camino,
Sandra.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Several local news websites are reporting that two pilgrims have been taken to hospital with injuries after being attacked by a cow. The incident took place about 10km north of Fuenterroble de...
I’m looking ahead a bit, figuring out my preferred stops. I see that the albergue in Puebla de Sanabria is closed, and other accommodation there is really expensive. The most expensive of anywhere...
On the stone pillars, there are 3 languages. 1st is Spanish of course and the 3rd is Arabic (says road to palata). Anyone know what the second language is?
Hi there I am on my final Countdown to Seville three more days. Reading in the forum I became aware that I haven't got a clue were to get the credentials do I have to order it from Ivar or can I...
First, this was my fourth Camino and was the most consistently beautiful walk I've done. Hilly, varied and so scenic! My daughter and I walked from Puebla de Sanabria to Santiago Apr. 14 - May 2...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back