• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

intro and call for musicians on camino frances

marcpilgrim

Hello,

I am a classical guitarist who loves to play Spanish music. I've done two walks of the camino so far and I know that acoustic music would be a major welcome in many of the pilgrim hostels (but please, no rock, unless there's a party brewing). Occasionally I found guitars sitting in hostels and it was much appreciated when I played for people. This time I am going to bring my own guitar. I would love to find a pilgrim that plays flute or recorder, that reads music and is planning to walk in May.

I am planning to start in St. Jean Pied du Port around May 1. If it matters, I am 38 and male.

My attitude toward walking partners is typical for the Camino. It is nice to meet people and it is also necessary to walk alone regularly so that the spiritual / inward side of the Camino can be experienced. It is fruitful to have walking buddies but also fruitful to walk with many people you meet on the trail.

So I'm not looking for a walking partner so that I avoid being alone. Just someone who wants to make beautiful music and share it with pilgrims from time to time as appropriate and appreciated. If you are interested I can exchange music with you before the Camino or bring copies along if your sight reading is great. I've got jazz, classical, pop, Brazilian, Spanish, and some Cantigas (Medieval pilgrim music from Spain). Any music you have is welcome if it is easy enough for me to extract the harmonies (the chords).

Trust me if you are a musician this will add tremendously to the magic of the Camino. And that is saying alot.

Buen Camino to all future pilgrims.
Marc

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello! I too am a musician walking around that time , I'll be starting in st.jean around April 24. I'm mainly a fiddle player (play american old time and trad. irish music) but play about everything with strings and will be bringing a mandolin with me as I can't imagine a month with no instrument.

I can't read hardly a lick of music as I've always learned by ear but if I run into you it would be fun to play some tunes.

medieval music

I heard some wonderful 13th century music on the radio this morning originating from the Pilgrim routes of Spain.

I got this from the radio 3 website

Instrumental Cantigas de Santa Maria: 221; 354
Dufay Collective
CHANDOS CHAN 9513 Tr 11, 9

buen camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back