• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Introduction: moraneigel

moraneigel

Hello to all, I have been enthralled, entertained and enlightened with the posts I have read. I reside in Southern Indiana - just across the bridge from Louisville, KY. I trying to get my ducks in a row to start my Camino the last of September 2012 and one of them named "how do I get back to Paris from Santiago to catch my plane home" just doesn't want to get in line. Even though I wouldn't mind staying it would be a hassle for my commitments at home. I am excited at the prospect of seeing Northern area of Spain on foot. The last time I was even close to the area, I was on a tour bus. I have no problem walking alone or with others. Now at the age of 60, I listen to the beat of my own drum and want to enjoy all of the experiences life bestows on me. This Camino is something I want to embrace and allow it to embrace me. I also hope to enjoy those I meet along the way; from the tips I have read, I had better start learning some Spanish.

Thank you all for your pearls of wisdom I have read and will read. If you have any on the best way for me to get back to Paris, please let me know. I have looked into train and Ryan Air - I think the bus may take too long.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Search kayak.com for prices. Last June, I booked a direct flight to Paris from Santiago for 68$ US. Flew into Paris at 8 pm, slept at à Formule 1 for 28 Euros (free shuttle) and caught my 11 o'clock flight home the next morning after a good night sleep.

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Panache avec Tapatalk

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks to you both. I started working on my return home and got overwhelmed. I am just going to take a break and come back to it later. At least I am still laughing at myself; also, thankfully, I am not leaving soon.
moraneigel

Vueling airlines do a flight from Santiago to Paris, but only at certain times of year and a few days of the week. It may or may not work for you depending on dates.

Buen Camino!

Wanted to let you know I got it worked out - I am flying into Toulouse; train to SJPdP then on with the shoe leather. Arrangements going back home: I will fly from Santiago to Toulouse, with stop in Madrid. My ticket from Toulouse has a lay-over in Madrid, so if it takes me a little more time than thought, I will catch my flight in Madrid - Hopefully, that will not cause a problem - then I am on my way home. Whew, I think that my next Camino, I will start on the Camino Arles at Toulouse. I just did not plan enough time and have made commitments that require me to come home before I could make it from Toulouse. I looked it over and sounds great.
moraneigel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
moraneigel said:
My ticket from Toulouse has a lay-over in Madrid, so if it takes me a little more time than thought, I will catch my flight in Madrid - Hopefully, that will not cause a problem - then I am on my way home.

I would not count on this working unless you booked two separate tickets. If it's part of one itinerary, generally if you miss the first leg they cancel the rest. You can't just hop on in the middle of the itinerary - just like you're not supposed to get off in the middle of an itinerary (and, in fact, could be made to pay the difference if it costs more). This stops people from booking flights that are cheaper and go through their desired destination from just hopping on/off when they want.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.