• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ireland: Motivations for Walking There

Washie

Time of past OR future Camino
CP Coastal/Central 2019/22/23
CF 2020
Muxia 2023
I am researching the motivations of walkers for an academic paper. The results will be available in June to anyone interested. Access to the survey is through the link below. It is anonymous. There is a QR code attached for access to it too. https://forms.office.com/e/TEJMuy2tg0

Attachments

• QRCode for Uncovering the Motivations of European Walking Tourists_ A Destination Survey on Ir...png
    QRCode for Uncovering the Motivations of European Walking Tourists_ A Destination Survey on Ir...png
    325.8 KB · Views: 500
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am researching the motivations of walkers for an academic paper. The results will be available in June to anyone interested. Access to the survey is through the link below. It is anonymous. There is a QR code attached for access to it too. https://forms.office.com/e/TEJMuy2tg0
Would you like to identify the connection with the Caminos on the European Continent? Specifically of course in Spain and Portugal, but the threads reach out all across France and adjacent territories... I can't figure out the scan business right now, but I might have a look later.
If possible, I would like to see what I might do to help your research.

I took the survey. The OP is just looking for the views of walkers and whether they would take a walking holiday in Ireland and what influences that decision. They do ask if religious pilgrimage routes will influence your decision to take a walking holiday in Ireland.

Just for everyone else, they are only interested in the views of those who are resident in Europe.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just for everyone else, they are only interested in the views of those who are resident in Europe.
I think not. The title is "Uncovering the Motivations of European (EU and non EU) Walking Tourists". There is space to manually add location outside of Europe

I'm sorry. I tried to complete it but I know more walks than the questionnaire will allow me answer.

Too many questions will only accept one answer when several apply to me. For example accommodation - I can use many different types.

It would also be a good idea to explain what a "Walking Holiday" is. I imagine 5 people could have 5 very different takes on that.

It may be an idea to look again at the design of your questionnaire and try again.

Sorry!

Hi Washie! I’m a survey methodologist so I just want to gently suggest you revise item 11. For any survey item (aka question), the response options should be mutually exclusive. Otherwise you cannot analyze them correctly. Always ask yourself if the question measures what you think it measures (pretest it to make sure) and review if the response options are clearly different from each other and are clearly clear! (That is, would various respondents understand the
Meaning of the the response in the same way).
Happy to give more unsolicited advice, just pm me (ex prof here).

I found it difficult to complete the survey on iPad. I had to go blind into working out how to send the qr code to my email on my MacBook Air but that did work.
I hope it is helpful to you, for whatever reason you are doing this.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Would you like to identify the connection with the Caminos on the European Continent? Specifically of course in Spain and Portugal, but the threads reach out all across France and adjacent territories... I can't figure out the scan business right now, but I might have a look later.
If possible, I would like to see what I might do to help your research.
The connection is because the Caminos have the infrastructure that Ireland's pilgrim routes don't. Part of the questionnaire is about what walking infrastructure actually motivates walkers to partake in walking holidays.

I found it difficult to complete the survey on iPad. I had to go blind into working out how to send the qr code to my email on my MacBook Air but that did work.
I hope it is helpful to you, for whatever reason you are doing this.
Thanks Kirkie. I've sent you a message which hopefully resolves this.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Washie! I’m a survey methodologist so I just want to gently suggest you revise item 11. For any survey item (aka question), the response options should be mutually exclusive. Otherwise you cannot analyze them correctly. Always ask yourself if the question measures what you think it measures (pretest it to make sure) and review if the response options are clearly different from each other and are clearly clear! (That is, would various respondents understand the
Meaning of the the response in the same way).
Happy to give more unsolicited advice, just pm me (ex prof here).
Thank you Sarahchicago. The questions all had be signed off by my supervisor at the university. I will look at that and change it with permission. Yes. All advice greatly welcome and appreciated. Thank you. The original was much shorter but it was lengthened to meet the needs of many after pre testing. Difficult to please all.

I think not. The title is "Uncovering the Motivations of European (EU and non EU) Walking Tourists". There is space to manually add location outside of Europe

I'm sorry. I tried to complete it but I know more walks than the questionnaire will allow me answer.

Too many questions will only accept one answer when several apply to me. For example accommodation - I can use many different types.

It would also be a good idea to explain what a "Walking Holiday" is. I imagine 5 people could have 5 very different takes on that.

It may be an idea to look again at the design of your questionnaire and try again.

Sorry!
Ultimately it is for Europeans but others are welcome to partake. I can then filter out the differences in responses by nationality. I had the questions unrestricted but changed then to one or two options only as I genuinely wanted to know what people knew most about in Ireland. A 'walking holiday' for the purpose of the survey, is a holiday where the primary activity is walking....be that for pilgrimage or other motivations. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you Sarahchicago. The questions all had be signed off by my supervisor at the university. I will look at that and change it with permission. Yes. All advice greatly welcome and appreciated. Thank you. The original was much shorter but it was lengthened to meet the needs of many after pre testing. Difficult to please all.
Oh, it is impossible to please all!! Best of luck to you in your research. When the going gets tough, just keep going!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.