• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is early March ok?

Vertigo

I am planning on starting the pilgramage around the 5th of March 2007 from St Jean Pied de Port. Has anybody completed it at this time? Will the weather be ok to do so? Any replies or advice will be much appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Vertigo,
I started my camino on the 6th of March in Pamplona. I have been told that crossing the Pyrenees (SJPdP to Roncesvalles) could be tricky in early March because of the snow, and in fact I haven't met anyone who has risked it.
The rest of the camino until my arrival in Santiago mid April was just perfect weather, not too cold or too hot, with only a few "wet" days. Also there was never a problem to get a place in an Albergue, though some were still closed until after Easter.
I pretty much enjoyed to walk into the spring, personally I think it's the best time to walk the Camino!
Rolf

Dear all

We are also starting our pilgrimage in March from Leon with the hope that it would be really great to walk and visit places.

Regards

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
hi there!
my cousin did it in 2004 he left stjpdp march 8!
but he the type of person whom does winter camping in the snow :?
he sayed it was not that cold(60-70) but rained alot!

March

I will start a bit later in March than you. But I will start in St. Jean Pied de Port. Probably one must take the lower road at that time, and not over the mountains. I have decided to go to StJPdP and listen to the advices from the locals, but if you start in Pamplona you can make more exact plans on beforehand - if that is prefered.
As for the weather, I know by now that one must be prepared for everything in spring in nothern Spain. Different years have given me different experiences. Almost only sun and warmth one year and bitterly cold wind and much rain another year (and snow). People who have been walking only once, can give you very different reports. There will be lightweight warm wool and wind- and rainresistant clothes in my backpack AND caps and t-shirt for the sunny days.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back