• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is this the way to Santiago?

Gary May

Time of past OR future Camino
My first Camino begins on 16th July 2017
9 weeks to go and this morning I've been singing Tony Christies "is this the way to Amarillo" but replacing Amarillo with Santiago - I will be the annoying pilgrim singing this for 32 days straight during July / August :D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You are not the first to do this. It is funny what songs pop into your head while walking the Camino. Very often you find yourself obsessed by one. No matter what you do it won't go away and you try hard to replace it with other thoughts/songs but it persists! Well I suppose the Camino is a bit obsessive anyway?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I found the Proclaimers song 500 miles particularily fitting for the whole Way....]
Walking the Olavsleden in Sweden I went into a supermarket in Gällo where "500 Miles" was playing on the music system. None of the staff understood why this fat grey-haired Scotsman suddenly burst out laughing right next to a shelf full of tinned fish :)

You are not the first to do this. It is funny what songs pop into your head while walking the Camino. Very often you find yourself obsessed by one. No matter what you do it won't go away and you try hard to replace it with other thoughts/songs but it persists! Well I suppose the Camino is a bit obsessive anyway?

I'm glad to hear this is considered "normal" I annoyed everyone for 33hrs straight by humming / whistling / singing "Pumped up Kicks" as it came onto the radio as I was parking my car before a 2 day trek!
I also spoilt the song for some by pointing out it was about a college shooting in America....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The song I couldn't get out of my head was "Lost in France in Love" by Bonnie Tyler.
I changed the words to "Lost in Spain in the Rain", worked for me especially on those long stretches.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
500 miles featured for us too and three of us confused a fellow pilgrim in Ponferrada by dancing to it outside a particularly nice cafe opposite the castle.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great topic......
In my last 3 Camino trips I find myself starting my walk every morning with singing aloud Willie Nelson's "On the road again". While some mornings you are more tired than others and a cafe con leche cannot be found with the sun just on the horizon, I find a good loud dose of this song wakes me up and puts a smile on my face for the walk until the cafe con leche can be found !

"I can't wait to get on the road again..."

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Who let the dogs out....as we bici'd our Camino across part of Galicia, last week Whilst keeping off the main route of the El Norte as it was very busy on some sections and we didn't want to cycle the main road.

antidote to misery moments;
I find myself standing on a tall rock singing
" Oh what a muggy old morning, oh what a crappy old day - I have this crazy old feeling- trouble is coming my way "
somehow nothing can go wrong after this incantation !!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
so do all these songs just randomly pop into your head whilst walking - or are they overheard when passing through towns?
When hiking in Peru for 3 weeks we were in the middle of mountains and nobody had phones / music. Yet there were still daily renditions of "Every day I'm shuffling - LMFAO"

It has to be whisky in the jar by Phil Lynott,,,, as I was going over the Cork and kerry mountains,,!!!!!!!

No phones? No music? Sometimes in life we have to make our own music to get through the day !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back