• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It is realy going to happen........

tali1810

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances 2012/2013
HELP!!! last year by accident i bought a travel book about the Camino. Somehow it got away with me. I started walking more and losing weight (by accident :D ) and getting in shape but i never really thought i was going to walk the Camino. It was a dream, something you talk about but never do..
And now it's official, I have time of work, bought a backpack and all the material i think i need. (backpack is still to heavy but i work on that :lol: )
I plan on leaving mid. to late sept 2012. For some it is still 5 months away, but for me its getting closer and closer.
I feel scared, excited and a little bit obsessed at the same time. :D

I'm walking alone and when people ask why are you planning to walk 800km alone i have to answer i don't know but i feel this is something i have to do.
Thank everybody here for tips, stories ect. I can't wait till September :)
Talitha

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Talitha,
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find the wait worth well worth it. Yes, it's funny how it all comes about, discovering the Camino, deciding to do it, preparing etc. But it's all part of the wonderful process.
Buen Camino
Col

Welcome to the Forum Talitha.
In many ways, having made the decision to walk to Santiago, your camino has already begun.
It sounds like you are doing all the right things to prepare.
If you plan to keep a journal, or diary on the camino, you might consider beginning it now.
You don't have to write in it every day, but keeping a log of your notable training walks, and the cascade of emotions that come with going, will give you a good record of the whole experience.

Think about what makes a "real" pilgrim. Does taking a taxi or bus to keep on schedule or to miss the difficult parts OK? My best camino experience has been when I walked with focus, perseverance and conviction, without interuption. Some consider the people who take the bus to be tourists, not pilgrims. But don't judge others. Just decide for yourself what it means to be "authentic" and then stick with your convictions.

Whatever you do, Have the journey of your life!
Buen Camino
David, Victoria, Canada.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
tali1810 said:
HELP!!! last year by accident i bought a travel book about the Camino. Somehow it got away with me. Talitha
Oh how I laughed when I read that :lol: In the beginning I thought things happened "by accident" but now I know that the timing is not up to us. We don't find the Camino, it finds us when it's time.

julie said:
tali1810 said:
HELP!!! last year by accident i bought a travel book about the Camino. Somehow it got away with me. Talitha
Oh how I laughed when I read that :lol: In the beginning I thought things happened "by accident" but now I know that the timing is not up to us. We don't find the Camino, it finds us when it's time.

Julie and Talitha, I love your comments. Last year I stumbled across information on the Camino on line - don't remember whether it was this site or something else - and now I've just started my training walks for my own Camino in September.

As to the Camino "finding us" when it's time: it sure seems to be that way. Of course, that can be thought of as just a fanciful notion, a way to justify what one wants to do -- and sometimes I vacillate between that idea of self-justification and a firm repudiation of it. I've decided that I prefer to repudiate it. ;) There should be some mysteries in life, after all.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back