• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

It's cold!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
This morning I woke up and saw that we have -4c outside, this is quite cold to be Santiago. I don't live down town Santiago, but about 10 minutes outside.

Being from Norway, -4c is not that cold, but here this is quite bad. I had to run an earand this morning and saw people trying to get the ice of their cars. I saw several people with their garden hoses, hosing their car with water to try and get the ice off. In -4c! I don't know if this is what is normal in Galicia, but in Norway this would not be ideal. -4c + water mean more ice on your car.

The good news is that the sun is rising and it looks like we will have a good day, about +13/+14c mid day probably.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Update on weather

Just an update on the cold weather. I saw the weather forecast just now, and it seems like this Tuesday (March 1st) will be the coldest day in a long time in Galicia and northern Spain.

Temperatures as low as -20c are expected in the higher elevations :!:

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Peter Robins said:
nice sunny day though

It looks nice on the photo, but I imagine that is freezing cold like what we have in Santiago today (this morning +3c, but a strong cold wind).

The wind is so strong that I had to go looking for some of my plants that I had outside my door this morning. So hold on to your hats.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum