A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

It's cold!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
This morning I woke up and saw that we have -4c outside, this is quite cold to be Santiago. I don't live down town Santiago, but about 10 minutes outside.

Being from Norway, -4c is not that cold, but here this is quite bad. I had to run an earand this morning and saw people trying to get the ice of their cars. I saw several people with their garden hoses, hosing their car with water to try and get the ice off. In -4c! I don't know if this is what is normal in Galicia, but in Norway this would not be ideal. -4c + water mean more ice on your car.

The good news is that the sun is rising and it looks like we will have a good day, about +13/+14c mid day probably.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Update on weather

Just an update on the cold weather. I saw the weather forecast just now, and it seems like this Tuesday (March 1st) will be the coldest day in a long time in Galicia and northern Spain.

Temperatures as low as -20c are expected in the higher elevations :!:

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Peter Robins said:
nice sunny day though
It looks nice on the photo, but I imagine that is freezing cold like what we have in Santiago today (this morning +3c, but a strong cold wind).

The wind is so strong that I had to go looking for some of my plants that I had outside my door this morning. So hold on to your hats.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Peter Robins

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Oslo is currently warmer than either Burgos or Pamplona - bet that doesn't happen very often! Even Marseille is only 1C warmer than Oslo

Advertisment

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
JohnnieWalker Miscellaneous about Santiago 4

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June