• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I've decided on the Camino Ingles.

shellebelle

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (1996) (2000)
After much thought, prayer and perusing of this forum, I have decided that my next pilgrimage will be on the Camino Ingles. I have walked the French route twice, and have longed to go back and experience all that it has to offer, but as I read about the other routes I became intrigued with the Camino Ingles. Also, I will be walking with my 13 year old and I think the Ingles route will be the perfect intro to backpacking and being on a pilgrimage. We hope to go this summer.

Thanks to all who make this forum possible, it is wonderful.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will love the Ingles. It is short, but quite challenging in places, and as a result, very satisfying. Wonderful towns and alberques. Scenery is so different from the Frances, as you see the ocean in many places! It is quieter by far and allows for really appreciating the places and peoples with which you find yourselves, spending time, and really immersing yourselves into the culture. I loved it, and will go again.
Buen Camino, and Go Well and Safely!

You will love the Ingles. It is short, but quite challenging in places, and as a result, very satisfying. Wonderful towns and alberques. Scenery is so different from the Frances, as you see the ocean in many places! It is quieter by far and allows for really appreciating the places and peoples with which you find yourselves, spending time, and really immersing yourselves into the culture. I loved it, and will go again.
Buen Camino, and Go Well and Safely!

Thank you, lynnejohn. You're description of this walk and words of encouragement are wonderful to hear. I am so excited to go on this adventure.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A great first Camino for your son shellebelle. We plan a return in 2014 having walked other routes in between.
Buen Camino

So excited, my wife and me are going to do the Camino Ingles too in 2014 (God willing). Just got to decide when and if to fly from northern / southern Airport or take a ferry and train.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So excited, my wife and me are going to do the Camino Ingles too in 2014 (God willing). Just got to decide when and if to fly from northern / southern Airport or take a ferry and train.
We have found each time that the ferry option (Plymouth to Santander) works well. The 2014 price for the 2 of us comes to £501 as a 'package deal' if booked by February. This includes return ferry fair as foot passengers, with upgrade to an outside cabin each way, and 3 nights in Santiago at the Rosa Rosae. From Santander we will use the FEVE (cheap and very cheap with Tarjeta Azul), stopping overnight in Oviedo near the station (private hostal) and then continuing to Ribadeo. You can break the journey again here or go right through to Ferrol.
Return we choose to go by bus via Lugo and Ribadeo, then FEVE again, but it can be done more direct with ALSA. We live in Devon, but if you fly you presumably still have to factor in getting to the airport etc.
PM us if you want to know more
Buen Camino

My Irish friend and I will also walk the Ingles. We will be on the road sometime in May next year, with the exact dates yet to be confirmed. Looking forward to it immensely.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

My Irish friend and I will also walk the Ingles. We will be on the road sometime in May next year, with the exact dates yet to be confirmed. Looking forward to it immensely.

Alan

Buen Camino, Alan. Perhaps our paths will cross next summer.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We have found each time that the ferry option (Plymouth to Santander) works well. The 2014 price for the 2 of us comes to £501 as a 'package deal' if booked by February. This includes return ferry fair as foot passengers, with upgrade to an outside cabin each way, and 3 nights in Santiago at the Rosa Rosae. From Santander we will use the FEVE (cheap and very cheap with Tarjeta Azul), stopping overnight in Oviedo near the station (private hostal) and then continuing to Ribadeo. You can break the journey again here or go right through to Ferrol.
Return we choose to go by bus via Lugo and Ribadeo, then FEVE again, but it can be done more direct with ALSA. We live in Devon, but if you fly you presumably still have to factor in getting to the airport etc.
Buen Camino

Tia Valeria: You are a wealth of information and experience about the Camino. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us, it is a gift.

Buen Camino

Only just logged on thank you so much Valeria, we will certainly look further into that. As shellebelle says you are a wealth of good information.
Thanks again

As an alternative you can fly to Coruna, which is a city worth spending a day or two, then make your way to Ferrol by walking or on the many buses to begin your and your son's Camino. The ferry's basic fare to Santander looks cheap but by the time you add the cabin charges and getting to the ferry port from where you are in Britain it makes the albergue cost look strange. The cabin charges are per cabin and not per berth,, if you do not have anyone to shared the 2 and 4 berth cabin you will have to pay for the whole cabin. You can view their website, I could not book as a foot passenger as there were no seats left for foot passengers, I had to take a cabin or leave it.

I flew by Vueling, excellent fast and friendly check in, was even offered to have my backpack which was my only baggage, put in the hold, free and without charge. There is a cheap regular bus from Coruna airport to the city and bus station. Just added information and does not detract from the valuable information from Tia Valeria whose postings on the Camino Ingles is invaluable.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, the ferry combined package works for us. It costs almost as much just for the ferry without the hotel accomodation and cabin upgrade, hence our decision re the nights in Santiago. This year we had 3 nights at the start of our pilgrimage, near Santander. We prefer an outside cabin. With the standard 'inside' cabin I think it is about £30 cheaper in total.
If anyone wants to check prices then the Brittany Ferries website does it all this year. You can check various options without finally hitting the payment link. We then chose to book by phone, but that was a personal choice as we had another question to ask.
This way of travel also adds about a week in total to travel time, which suits us but isn't for everyone.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Alan

With so many positive comments about this camino Alan, it looks like it's confirmed whatever the dates!!

Buen Camino, Alan. Perhaps our paths will cross next summer.

Our paths may well cross shellebelle, I'm looking forward to it.

Buen Camino,

S.

With so many positive comments about this camino Alan, it looks like it's confirmed whatever the dates!!

Our paths may well cross shellebelle, I'm looking forward to it.

Buen Camino,

S.

It sounds good to me!

Alan

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.