• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

just booked flights, i'm really going to do it!!!

amykate

I first heard about the Camino more than 20 years go and for some reason, it just stuck and Ithought, I,m going to do that when i am 50. I was 50 last year and one of the presents from my husband was money for the fights. iIhave really swithered about when to go/fit in with my kids exams etc. My big news is that due to flight times I had to change my proposed dates and am now leaving Scotland on the 30th March and will be spending 16 days walking. I will probably start from Astorga and walk to Finisterre.
This is 2 months earlier than I planned so I am off to lose weight, get fit and learn some Spanish. Guess which site i will be looking at obsessively for tips/help ?
Just had to share, hope that, s o.k.
I am so excited.
:D :D :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratulations! Your Camino has officially begun.

Enjoy your preparations and training.

Buen camino,

Jeff

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
amykate62 said:
Just had to share, hope that, s o.k.
I am so excited.
:D :D :D

Sharing is one of the best parts of the Camino. Have a wonderful journey Amykate.

hi Amykate
I can sense the excitement from here,have a great time,and what a nice birthday present from your husband.
Ian

I can totally realate to what you've posted! Been wanting to walk the camino since 2009, and this year i can finally walk, if only a part of it. I'll be starting in mid april in leon. Buen camino and enjoy every second of it !

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sharing the excitement, I will start on April 15 myself to walk from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago and if time permits on to Finistere.

Congratulations amykate, wishing you a very happy and enjoyable camino, the anticipation does have a lovely way of bringing out the inner child in us all.

Buen camino

Seamus

well, me too, just bought my ticket and now i'm not just excited but also in panic. i have no money, i have to change my apartmant, and town,so i don't know where will i live in that time, but i have my ticket. and i go alone from croatia. i didn't meet anyone from this part of europe in this forum.. i never was alone in other country and i didn't fly for a long time. but i have my ticket. i hope we'll be ok. :wink:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The magic words you repeat 3 times and all that matters right now, "...but I have my ticket." :D

The Way will provide you with all the rest Marica.

Your Camino has begun.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Booked mine today too! All of sudden that one little click on the computer has shifted me into a different level of Camino preparation and mindset... exciting, a bit scary and lo and behold, a calm resolve has arrived as well. I'll be arriving in SJPDP on the evening of May 16. Hope to cross paths with some of you! Buen Camino! ~Marguerite

The hardest thing I found about booking early has been the wait! Time has seemed to stop.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, I've also booked my flight & will leave Saint Jean May 15th. Excited & terrified of going on this physical & emotional journey alone.

Congratz!!!

Thats an excited moment indeed! Enjoy the plannin, and the trainning!

I'm leaving myself from SJPP on 2nd of march 2013 for my third Camino... If god allows me, I'll go from SJPP to Finisterre and then walk back to Leon (or wherever I'm able to walk).

I first decided walking the Camino de Santiago when I was only 12 years old. I was so in love and passionate about it that I was SURE I was gonna do it one day...

Years passed and I finally did it! When I was 23! I was obviously hooked!

After that I walked it again in september/october 2009 and now I'll be leaving for my third journey in less than a month!!!

I'm pretty excited! Rucksack is already packed, trainning is a daily task now, new boots are being broken in (on the way to walk their 100th km this week).

I'm sure I'll have a Blast!!!

Enjoy everything there is to enjoy during these days pre-camino! I'm sure that, as myself and tons of others on this forum, you will have a great time and will want to do it again!!!

Buen Camino

Ultreya e Susseia!

Vagner

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm excited for you! I am going to purchase my ticket this weekend. Starting May 20 from St jean...I just turned 50 and this is an extraordinary present to myself. Hope to see you out there. I already have my Pilgrims Forum patch! I'm excited and scared and in disbelief all at the same time.

Janet

Very excited for you all and wish I could say the same thing.

After much debate about whether I was leaving myself enough time I was finally ready to book my tickets on thursday morning. I waited a day too long and now the prices have gone up 50%! Hoping they go back down soon but not too sure.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back