• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Keeping nicely Warm!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I wish to make it perfectly clear that I personally am in no way professionally, through business or family in any way connected to the company I am about to mention, rather I am a very satisfied customer, satisfied both from service and delivery who wishes to pass on a good tip. Many are aware of the great advantages of Merino Wool, probably the best natural fibers for insolation and keeping the chill out. Many are also aware of the great cost clothing made from merino entails and shy off. I have purchased several items from a company called New Zealand Nature based, yes you guessed right, in New Zealand. They have an online catalogue, a wide choice from underclothing tops and bottoms, shirts, over shirts socks (great for those who go to sleep in their sleeping bags only to wake up 3 hours later curled into a foetal position) in many colors. Now, that’s no news, there are more sheep in New Zealand than there are people – however – it is now summer in New Zealand -well, what passes for summer in New Zealand - and they are having a Great Sale! Made cheaper since those of us living outside the antipodes do not pay sales tax!! Great reduced prices on wonderful items. Delivery to Israel is 1 week! Here is there address, give them a look.
http://www.nznature.co.nz/

Scruffy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Scruffy, good link. I used merino garments on the camino and found it great. Easy to wash, dry and good in both heat and cold. Its can be expensive but worth it.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Go raibh an ghaoth go brách ag do chúl
Go lonraí an ghrian go te ar d'aghaidh
Go dtite an bháisteach go mín ar do pháirceanna
Agus go mbuailimid le chéile arís,
Go gcoinní Dia i mbos A láimhe thú

A Gaelic manner of saying Buen Camino, though as in all things Irish-rather more intense.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Of course you are merely a satisfied customer with no links to this company. :wink: That's 'perfectly clear'. :D

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...
I found I couldn't make any reservation in SJPP in the coming days. They are fully booked. I can't find even a single bed. What should I do? Is there anybody has a same situation?
Roncesvalles or push to Burguete? I prefer to avoid the recommended stages to avoid the race for albergues. Do you suggest Burguete? Is Roncesvalles too busy?
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
Hi there, I am Nicole. I will start my trip from Villar de Mazarife on 20th May 2024, ends in Ponferrada. It will be my first time ever to hike on camino and I will be hiking alone. I have planned...
Hi all, just a quickie, My friend is near Leon and has fallen into the booking . Com panic as he doesn't want to risk not getting a bed. The word on the street is that beds are few and far...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.