• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Landing in Madrid on July 7, 2021

Diane Borden

Time of past OR future Camino
2017, 2021, and 2022
I was super encouraged to receive Ivar's email this morning. I actually bit the bullet a few days ago and rebooked my flight to Spain. I figured if the borders aren't open, I'd just have flight credit again (cancelled my July 2020 flight). I'll be ending a job in mid-June and have decided to let this Camino be as leisurely as if needs to be. I'm coming from the U.S., and his time I'll be landing in Madrid on July 7. A first for me. But the price was right! I started poking around on Rome to Rio to research my best ways to travel from Madrid to SJPDP, but thought I'd throw this on here to get your expert advice and also to see who else may be trying to start around this time as well.
:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was super encouraged to receive Ivar's email this morning. I actually bit the bullet a few days ago and rebooked my flight to Spain. I figured if the borders aren't open, I'd just have flight credit again (cancelled my July 2020 flight). I'll be ending a job in mid-June and have decided to let this Camino be as leisurely as if needs to be. I'm coming from the U.S., and his time I'll be landing in Madrid on July 7. A first for me. But the price was right! I started poking around on Rome to Rio to research my best ways to travel from Madrid to SJPDP, but thought I'd throw this on here to get your expert advise and also to see who else may be trying to start around this time as well.
Good for you. Yes, Ivar's email was very encouraging. My June Camino was cancelled again. (2020 and 2021). I have rebooked it for 2022 but the email made me want to go earlier. Buen Camino.

I was super encouraged to receive Ivar's email this morning. I actually bit the bullet a few days ago and rebooked my flight to Spain. I figured if the borders aren't open, I'd just have flight credit again (cancelled my July 2020 flight). I'll be ending a job in mid-June and have decided to let this Camino be as leisurely as if needs to be. I'm coming from the U.S., and his time I'll be landing in Madrid on July 7. A first for me. But the price was right! I started poking around on Rome to Rio to research my best ways to travel from Madrid to SJPDP, but thought I'd throw this on here to get your expert advise and also to see who else may be trying to start around this time as well.
What worked for me: Arrived Madrid airport in the morning. Train from T4 at airport to Atocha Station. Atocha to Pamplona. Taxi to Hotel Albert. Nice, inexpensive, full service, with breakfast included. Last quiet, private bath, etc. Before going to bed, struggle with app to obtaining bus ticket to SJPDP, but finally got it to work. Next morning after breakfast, taxi to bus station. Take bus to SJPDP. Stand on the bridge at SJPDP, then look at your guide book, it will then make sense. The first 24 hours is a bit pricey but you are tired, possibly jet lagged, and very stressed so it's worth it. Before you leave home make hard copy of Madrid train map. Note, bus depot in Pamplona is underground and you will wandering above it if you use an app. But taxi will drive you underground right to the curb.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You can find may routes on Gronze.com. Here's the info for the Camino de Madrid.

And there is a subforum here too

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.