• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Large pdf with a list of albergues from SJPP to Finisterre

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that amourier and BlackDog in the forum has compiled a very nice pdf with "all" the albergues on the entire Camino Frances. I have posted it here:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/albergue ... o-frances/

They will be maintaining it, so if you have updates that you would like them to include in the pdf, please respond here or contact them directly by PM.

Thank you amourier and BlackDog!
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you amourier and BlackDog. I am leaving in less than two weeks for the camino France's and have downloaded your PDF to my iPod touch,

Awesome job and very helpful,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
falcon269 said:
Is this a .pdf of the earlier .xls from Guy A?

el-camino-frances/topic12557.html#p83375
No, though thank you for pointing it out as I'll now look at it. The initial stimulus was from a much earlier file from Little Company Member Marie-Jose Pentakis that was well out of date. We used that and a lot of other material from various sources to collate and cross-check to produce the current file.

OK, while drafting this reply, I've been and looked at Guy A's file, interesting but his focus is
GuyA said:
My intention is to likely focus more on private or shared stays in small hotels, pensions or other private accommodation.
Ours was strictly on albergues municipal or private, ignoring their double/family rooms. Perhaps addresses, which Guy has included, may be useful as an inclusion to our albergue list.

We've just updated the file to include street addresses, where available, and added the stages that the Eroski and Mundicamino sites use rather than just have the Brierley ones. It indicates the minor difference in distances rather than just accept one view :wink:

All amendments welcome 8)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This file has now been updated to take account of minor corrections, amendments etc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dave2013 said:
It would be nice to see the key at the bottom of every page.

Great work. Thanks!
OK, I will look at that, thanks for the feedback. In case anyone is interested I now have a price for the albergue at Espinal. It's 10€ and the dormitory is being created at the moment. Otherwise it has double and triple rooms at higher prices.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
And amended again today with full details of albergue at Espinal and a key on every page 8)

Amended again: new albergues in Espinal and Negriera, removed one from Villafranca del Bierzo aare main changes. Any observations or corrections welcomed.

Hi,
Thanks for the great list, very helpful. I found a mistake that I'd like to report.
Somewhat outside of Puente La Reina there is albergue Santiago Apostol. You've noted it, but you linked to the wrong website (another albergue called Santiago Apostol near Arzúa). Also, they don't have a kitchen and I believe the prices for bed/menu are different. You might like to add that they have a swimming pool.

Keep up the great work!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Great resource! It would be nice if we can add another column for the number of toilet and baths to be shared.

Wonderful resource. I wish I had this the last time I did the camino. It would be great if there was some way of knowing which places have snorers rooms.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Is there also a resource that can be carried on a IOS device that will show accommodations in addition to albergues. B&B's, etc.?

Updating the municipal albergues in zubiri. Now eight euros.

I understand Miam Miam Dodo have just released at app listing all accommodation within 5km of the route.

This .pdf is very useful and with the help of forum members it can be up to date really every day.

But I couldn't find 3 albergues in it:
- Albergue Santa Cruz in Villamayor de Monjardin (stayed there in 2009, passed by very early in the day in 2011 and it was still closed. Maybe now closed permanently???),
- Parish Hostel (adjoining Iglesia Nuestra Senora de los Angeles) in Azofra,
- Casa Caracol (dormitory in Casa Roja) in Ages.

Here: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/camino-frances/ (alongside with previously mentioned three) I couldn't find next four when I was searching through it maybe a month ago:
- Albergue Eunate in Eunate (detour),
- Albergue Amanecer in Villarmentero de Campos,
- Albergue D.Gaiferos (municipal) in Reliegos,
- Albergue da Fonte in Arzua.

If it would be of any help I have photos of all of them.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Los Albergues: Casa de Peregrinos Emaús
Cost: five euros with meals as donativo

Hostel San Anton Abad
Cost: five, eight, and ten euro beds

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for these updates... I will make these updates when I have some time, right now I am swamped with work! (I feel lucky living in Spain and have a lot of work!).

Ivar

Attachments

• P4221632.JPG
    P4221632.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 2,178
albergue Jaime garcia rodriguez in Santiago de Compostela has been renamed albergue de peregrinos del final del camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can recommend Xarma hostel in Pamplona. It's a small albergue that recently opened and it's really great.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back