• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late October/Early Nov Camino days out of Granada/Seville or(Malaga)

Walden

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi folks. I am hoping someone might be able to get me researching for the right route. I've walked several caminos (Portuguese, del Norte, French and a few smaller ones). I've booked to fly into Malaga in late October. I am keen to see Granada, and my walking partner is interested in seeing Seville. I understand there are camino routes out of each place. Would it be worth walking a few days on one of these routes, I think it's the le Plata and the Mozarabe? I only have 1 week this time. I am also wondering if the albergues would be open, but I guess Gronze would help there. I would imagine its a good time of year to walk in Andalusia as it shouldn't be too warm, and I'm hoping not to rainy. Would anyone have any experience of walking out of Seville or Granada, or indeeed if there was a route out of Malaga. I'm assuming too these routes are ones with more "solitude" than "all facilities", as Brierley would say. Any advice is most welcome. Thanks everyone.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you 1) only have a week
and 2) want to see Granada and Seville
and 3) are starting in Malaga,
I wonder if this will NOT be a walking trip, but a visit-some-beautiful-cities-trip. You could spend a week each in Granada and Seville and still not see everything.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Out of those alternatives, I would say the Mozarabe from Malaga to Lucena or Baena would be absolutely worth it (and this tip is from somebody who lives in Granada!). The Malaga branch in the mozarabe is, in my opinion, the most beautiful of all.

We walked from Málaga this year, and enjoyed the walk. We're slow walkers, and it took us 11 days to get to Baena, including a rest day in Antequera, but if you're fitter, you could do it in much less.

The walk from Villanueva de la Concepción to Antequera over El Torcal is just fantastic.

If you're going to start in Málaga, don't start from the centre, take bus 21 to Junta de Los Caminos. Walking through the streets of Málaga is not that interesting.

¡Buen Camino!

Hi folks. I am hoping someone might be able to get me researching for the right route. I've walked several caminos (Portuguese, del Norte, French and a few smaller ones). I've booked to fly into Malaga in late October. I am keen to see Granada, and my walking partner is interested in seeing Seville. I understand there are camino routes out of each place. Would it be worth walking a few days on one of these routes, I think it's the le Plata and the Mozarabe? I only have 1 week this time. I am also wondering if the albergues would be open, but I guess Gronze would help there. I would imagine its a good time of year to walk in Andalusia as it shouldn't be too warm, and I'm hoping not to rainy. Would anyone have any experience of walking out of Seville or Granada, or indeeed if there was a route out of Malaga. I'm assuming too these routes are ones with more "solitude" than "all facilities", as Brierley would say. Any advice is most welcome. Thanks everyone.
In Feb we flew into Malaga, spent a couple of days, took an early morning train to Granada (1 hour), spent the day there (Alhambra tour booked in advance for the afternoon) and next morning set out for an 8-day walk to Cordoba. I think there are only a couple of albergues on that part of the route, which were not open. Can’t help re fitting in Seville as well, sorry.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for the replies everyone. and yes Rachael, I can see that it looks like I'm trying to do three city breaks and a camino in a week, lol. No, we are flying in to Malaga, that was our best flight option. But we are open to walking out of Malaga, or taking the bus to Granada and spend a day and night before walking out for 5 days, or maybe get to Seville and walk out from there. I've walked many half term Caminos over Easter and October and I found the chance to grab 5 or 6 days walking on the camino great, given my work obligations. I leave the longer Caminos for summer. I was just wondering which one of the three options would be nicest, based on others experiences. Thanks everyone for replying.

I'm not the best person to ask about five days walking out of Seville because my memory is tainted by the fact that it rained continuously for a week when I did it!!
Taking into consideration @AJGuillaume 's recommendation, would this work?.....

Málaga - Almogía (23,1km) - Villanueva de la Concepción (18.3) - Antequera (16.3)
Train to Granada (49 minutes) Spend the day
Train to Seville (2.5 hours)
Walk to Santiponce on the Via de la Plata and see the Roman ruins - walk back to Seville on the alternative route

That's six days just like that.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back