• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to Santiago!

MichaelC

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023: Via Francigena, Lucca to Rome
Aloha all! After two years of dreaming about it, and a one year delay, I'm finally making this a reality - I bought my ticket to Europe an hour ago. And am only slightly freaking out at the moment.

I arrive in Lyon August 17. I'll spend a few days in the city, a few days in Le Puy-en-Velay, and then start walking August 22. My goal is to reach St. Jean Pied de Port at the end of September, and then Santiago de Compostela by October 31. My flight home is out of Madrid November 6, so I think I have a bit of a cushion to stop along the way.

I love reading other people's travel blogs, and started a word press site, but it's a bit of a pain to maintain. I'm still looking for the simplest way to share photos and short stories with friends and family.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've used Blogger/Blogspot (both bought out by Google so they're the same now). It's very easy to use and you can create additional pages, such as an About Me page, or maybe contact information page.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Aloha all! After two years of dreaming about it, and a one year delay, I'm finally making this a reality - I bought my ticket to Europe an hour ago. And am only slightly freaking out at the moment.

I arrive in Lyon August 17. I'll spend a few days in the city, a few days in Le Puy-en-Velay, and then start walking August 22. My goal is to reach St. Jean Pied de Port at the end of September, and then Santiago de Compostela by October 31. My flight home is out of Madrid November 6, so I think I have a bit of a cushion to stop along the way.

I love reading other people's travel blogs, and started a word press site, but it's a bit of a pain to maintain. I'm still looking for the simplest way to share photos and short stories with friends and family.

Very envious. That's on my bucket list if I can lose enough weight and stay healthy :oops:

Bon/Buen Camino!

I found trying to write blogspot entry on my android impossible. Even though I downloaded the app it just didn't work.
Nowadays I set up a closed group on Facebook, invite friends and family to it. I post initial info about the route, map etc and then do a daily post with pics from wherever I can get free wifi. Dead simple and quick. Once home I transcribe my posts into my blog and load the pics. At that point I edit and add to the text as appropriate.

I found trying to write blogspot entry on my android impossible. Even though I downloaded the app it just didn't work.

Rats - that was going to be my follow up question! Wordpress has an application too, but it's also a pain to use. I was hoping that I'd find something easy like Facebook ... but not as irritating as Facebook. I'll probably do like you mentioned, doing Facebook posts & moving everything to a trail-journal site when I'm back and feeling nostalgic.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rats - that was going to be my follow up question! Wordpress has an application too, but it's also a pain to use. I was hoping that I'd find something easy like Facebook ... but not as irritating as Facebook. I'll probably do like you mentioned, doing Facebook posts & moving everything to a trail-journal site when I'm back and feeling nostalgic.
Someone else might have a better idea still. I didn't look into other options. Just had a sudden inspiration.

I mapped out some benchmarks that I'll need to hit if I'm going to walk the entire way in time. I have no idea what my actual pace will be, and what kind of balance of long, short, and rest days will work.

17 August - arrive in Lyon. Confirmed.

20 August - arrive in Le Puy-en-Velay
22 August - start walking!
3 Sept - Figeac. Start Célé variant
10 Sept - Cahors
16 Sept - Lectoure
28 Sept - St. Jean Pied de Port. Definite rest day.
11 Oct - Burgos
19 Oct - León
31 Oct - Santiago!

6 November - Depart from Madrid. Confirmed.

That works out to 71 days from Le Puy to Santiago. Some days this seems doable.

Bon Chemin! Bon Courage! I don't know if our paths will cross. I start in Lourdes on Sep 12, it does not look like we match up early on. I depart from Madrid on November 4th, So we may meet up in Santiago. Again good luck.

Mark

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That sounds like an awesome adventure and a great time of year to do it. It also sounds like plenty of time to accomplish the kms. I have been thinking about walking Le Puy to SJPdP and I would love to read about your experiences. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back