A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Le Puy to SJPP (towns)

TravellingSonn

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all,

It's been awhile since my last post. Hope you're all keeping safe and well. :)

I'm looking for suggestions please; what towns are a must to visit/stay between Le Puy and SJPP?

Thanks again,
Sonn
:)

Last edited:

Reklaw

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago, 2011,2013, VdlP 2017
Estaing, Conques, Figeac, Cajard, Cahors, Montcuq, Moissac, Auvillar, La Romieu, Aire sur l'Adour, Navarrenx, St Palais, and Rocamadour if you do the GR6 variant. Actually the route has been walked for so long by so many they all have a meaning.
Buen camino

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
I can't remember from 2014 when I walked but I do remember that I never had a complaint one night wherever I stayed. Remember how good the food in the Gites are? It has been a long time since either of us walked. It will be interesting and fun to walk again.

AlwynWellington

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
please see signature
To @Reklaw (#2 above) I would add:

In the spirit of ANZAC note the WW1 memorials, often elaborate, in every town and village;

Le Puy-en-Velay: Cathedral sending out after the 7 am Mass and all the other stuff nearby beforehand;

Chapelle St-Roch (Roque) after Ramourouscle - first of many dedications to the patron of pilgrims to Santiago;
Sauges: the information shop in Place Fabre François, near the main entrance to the church;

Le Sauvage + 2 km on D587): note leaving headwaters of the Loire River (Haute Loire);

St-Alban-sur-Limagnole: a cute village centre;

Aumont-Aubrac: first gite, Ferme de Barry - evening communal meal with panache (April 2016);

Aumont-Aubrac + 5 km: Chapelle de Bastide in the centre of cross-roads - if open, like many others, the book of readings will be open at those for the day;

Nasbinals: community gite with large communal kitchen - good corner store opposite the church;

Cajarc: grand town centre;

Lauzerte: well worth the climb - newish buildings on the ancient town plan;

Moissac: the canal bridge over the River Tarn - Port de Moissac near town centre - Abbey - to stay I suggest http://www.lapetitelumiere.org/fr/ at the top of the hill - grands views - even grander communal meals (2016) but still the same owner/operator;

Condom: pick up the Voie Verte de l'Armagnac - the Chemin crosses about 1.5 km after the bridge - flat shared path to Gondrin - then seldom used roads to -->

Eauze: cathedral - stay at La Grange de Marie France - grand hostess with grander communal dinner (2016);

Arthez-de-Bearn: first view of the Pyrenees;

Saint-Jean: a tourist trap with many pilgrims as well.

@TravellingSonn, enjoy and Kia kaha, kia māia, kia manawanui (be strong, be brave, be patient) and get going when you can.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock