A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Le Puy to St. Jean Pied de Port

I'm interested in taking my 13 year old daughter on part of the hike between Le Puy and St. Jean Pied de Port. I'm considering about 7-10 days depending on the difficulty of the route. Can anyone suggest what section might provide the best experience for the least physical effort. I don't want to bite of more than she can chew. Many thanks.

Barbara

The earlier part is physically harder but with much less tarmac. I think your best bet will be to study a decent map and guide and choose according to your abilities. Look at the gradient profiles and the accomodation possibilities as well. Thirteen year olds can walk as far as adults and anyway the physical effort is part of the pleasure. Otherwise why walk at all? Enjoy!

thanks much. We're leaning toward spending a week hiking between arzacq-Arraziguet and St. Jean Pied de Port. Terrain seems much milder
than the beginning.

buen Camino

Barbara

Yes, that sounds like a good place to start. Plenty of places to stay, and not too strenuous. When do you start? August will be pretty hot in that area.
Buon Camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%