• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving for Camino on Oct 1st

Ella_Bee

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Oct 2014
I'm heading to Biarritz on the 1st of October, whats the best way to get to SJDP from there? Any suggestions? Also it is my first time on the Camino so any tips would be much appreciated. :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm heading to Biarritz on the 1st of October, whats the best way to get to SJDP from there? Any suggestions?
Take a taxi or the city bus to the train station, and take the train (a bus is substituted at the moment) to SJPdP.

Buen Camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Welcome to the forum Ella,
Bus from Biarritz Airport to Bayonne train station, about 30 minutes then bus to St. Jean, about two hours.
Take the first few days nice and easy, plenty breaks and let your body adjust. Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks very much :) Any suggestions on Hotels or hostels for the first night in SJDP?

There should be many available. Check into the Pilgrim's office. They can help with everything.
Here is one close bye and will give you an idea of what "refuge/albergue" living is all about.
Municipal Hostel, 55 Rue de la Citadelle, €8, 32 beds, W, D, K, B, Tel: 559370509, Web:http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/ Open all year.
Buen Camino,
Arn

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Ella - I used this service a couple of months back: http://www.expressbourricot.com/en.html to get from Biarritz Airport to SJPDP - the lady (Caroline) who runs it is very efficient. She basically pools people together in a shared taxi - it's €72 divided amongst the number of people. You should drop her a quick e-mail (details on the website) - she may already have some people for that date and I see above another person replied to say they are arriving on the same day as you. If there were even 4 of you it would be €18 each (which is what I paid) - the bus to Bayonne and train to SJPDP will probably cost ~€12 total anyway and from what I hear can be a bit inefficient time-wise so for the sake of a few € more this service is well worth it....great to get down to SJPDP hassle free and quickly to get some time to spend there - it's a lovely little town and many people don't get much time to spend they - they just arrive in the evening and are heading off the next morning. Give Caroline a shout and see if she has bookings for your date. Also, she will give you a contact phone number for her so if you meet extra people at the airport before your flight departs and can ring her in advance she can take them as long as she knows before you leave and if she has space....our taxi was a minibus with seating for around 12 people although there were only 4 of us....the more people the cheaper it is...although I think there's a minimum of €16 each regardless of numbers. Worth asking anyway....Buen camino...!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.