• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving SJPdP on February 17, 2015

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow - big temperature shock for you, LA to St Jean!!

You must be so excited right now!! Enjoy - Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Karen.
What route/flights and various other transport are you taking from CA to SJPDP?

Hi Karen.
What route/flights and various other transport are you taking from CA to SJPDP?

Hi.
Taking a flight from San diego to Paris. Then catching the train from Paris to SJPdP a few hours after I land.
Air France does a connecting shuttle from CDG airport in Paris straight to the train station. You don't need to have flown with them and you can book the shuttle on the air France website in advance :)

Wow - big temperature shock for you, LA to St Jean!!

You must be so excited right now!! Enjoy - Buen Camino!!

Checked the weather on route. Definitely gonna need that thermal underwear!! Lol.
Actually I love cold weather. Rain/ snow etc. I grew up with it and miss it which is why I like to walk in winter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the reply.
Sounds like a great plan.
I'm working on my travel arrangements right now.
Enjoy!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, I'm sure it will be wonderful and I won't be far behind (though starting ahead this year on 2 different routes). In all my years, the most anxiety comes from just getting out the front door, locking things down. I'm cold in CT, may as well be cold anywhere. Have a lovely Camino.

Awesome. I am from California too and will be starting around the same time. I'm in Greece at the moment. I just need to make my way West. It's going to be cold. Maybe I'll see on the trail. Happy travels.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Awesome. I am from California too and will be starting around the same time. I'm in Greece at the moment. I just need to make my way West. It's going to be cold. Maybe I'll see on the trail. Happy travels.

Happy travels too! Yep. Gonna be cold! Have been following Falcon's weather bulletins. Still a month to go but I imagine there is still a good likely hood of snow and all kinds of cold weather. But bundled up and prepared and we will be good.
Buen Camino :)

Hi everyone
In Pamplona it is snowing all the days. it will snow all week. Pamplona is at 400m. height only.
In northern Navarra - Pyrenees - 1,000m Ibañeta - Roncevalles will be much worse,
There are more than one meter of snow.
It might be ended Napoleon Road. It can climb for Valcarlos down the road.
Good luck.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am glad you made it. I am a few days ahead of you in Pamplona.

Hi Dangeroso!
May see you in route. Did you leave from St Jean? We were told we must stick to the road to Valcarlos and that Zuibri is not possible due to heavy snow. Starting out in the morning and will take each day as it comes.
Buen camino! Be safe :)

Well, I arrived in Pamplona today and picked up my passport. There is no easy way, besides walking, to get to St Jean from here this time of year, so I'm starting from Pamplona tomorrow. Buen Camino to you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back