• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Likelyhood of finding beds in Presedo?

magnet77

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2024
Hello all,

I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit - she's been training hard for the Camino. I'm trying to decide if we should walk from Betanzos to Bruma, or break up that day and stay somewhere in between. From what I'm finding, there isn't much in between, so how likely would it be to get 3 beds at the albergue in Presedo since we can't book ahead? If we decide to walk to Bruma, how difficult is this trail - will we be completely exhausted once we get to Bruma, making it difficult to get up the next day and head to Sigueiro?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks! Unfortunately that place is fully booked for the night I’ll be there. I’ll keep looking..

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are using booking dot com, you might give the Casa a call. Many accomodations may have rooms that aren't listed.

When I walked, I stayed in Betanzos two nights, taxiing from and to a restaurant called Casa Julia. I believe the trail has been re-routed since then (2017) and no longer passes by Casa Julia. But you could try something like that: pick a mid-way point between Betanzos and Bruma, walk to that point, taxi back to Betanzos to stay a second night, and then the next morning taxi back to that point to keep walking to Bruma.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We stayed at Rectoral de Cine last night in Presedo. Off the Camino but will pick up at Xente do Camino. We had 3 rooms. Only ones there. Can’t say enough good things about it. Breakfast and dinner served. Gorgeous place. We’re a party of 6 with 5 70+ year olds and my 39 year old daughter. 😁. Tonight in Meson do Vento. Glad we broke up trip.

Did you book ahead? I’m trying to book most of our accommodations ahead of time. 😁

@magnet77 , whilst I wouldn't say that the walk from Betanzos to Bruma is particularly difficult, many find it tiring, especially if it's a warm day.

You've got an excellent suggestion from @CJane above, or you could stay two nights in Betanzos, and simply Taxi to and fro from Presedo.

Incidentally, remember that Bruma is the real pinch point. They've only got something like 40 to 50 beds between the two Albergues. If you haven't sorted it already, you can book the private one. Alternatively there is either the pension or the hotel in Meson do Vento.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Book
Did you book ahead? I’m trying to book most of our accommodations ahead of time. 😁
Yes, booked with booking.com but you can also book directly with them. Very responsive and gracious staff! Check out their website. Stayed there 2 years ago also.

I already have a private albergue booked in Bruma, however, in planning the Camino, I keep trying to decide if I should break up the Betanzos to Bruma section. If we are completely exhausted by the time we get to Bruma, how is the section from Bruma to Sigueiro? I might break that section up in case we’re still tired.

Easier than the section before Bruma, but there is a big long boring straight piece on a dirt road near (parallel to) the motorway.You could simply book everything until Bruma and then take it from there. 10 k's after Bruma in Ordes/Pouli there's an Albergue, and I think other accommodation nearby.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello all,

I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit - she's been training hard for the Camino. I'm trying to decide if we should walk from Betanzos to Bruma, or break up that day and stay somewhere in between. From what I'm finding, there isn't much in between, so how likely would it be to get 3 beds at the albergue in Presedo since we can't book ahead? If we decide to walk to Bruma, how difficult is this trail - will we be completely exhausted once we get to Bruma, making it difficult to get up the next day and head to Sigueiro?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I walked with my son and his family, six of us, last June. We arrived at the albergue at about 1pm and we were first there. We were on our own until a noisy group of 9 arrived at about 5pm which filled all the bunks.
I dont think you will have any problem if you arrive reasonably early.
The next day we walked to the albergue at Poulo which was almost new with 42 bunks. We had the place almost to ourselves. You will have no problems getting a bed in Poulo.

I like that idea! So I’ve decided to skip Bruma. My final (hopefully) Camino will look like this: Ferrol-Neda-Pontedeume-Betanzos-Presedo-O Oteiro-Sigueiro-Santiago. I was trying to figure out a way that made my mom’s first Camino enjoyable, and not grueling 😁

I like that idea! So I’ve decided to skip Bruma. My final (hopefully) Camino will look like this: Ferrol-Neda-Pontedeume-Betanzos-Presedo-O Oteiro-Sigueiro-Santiago. I was trying to figure out a way that made my mom’s first Camino enjoyable, and not grueling 😁
That is the itinerary that we walked. I was 83 last year and did not find it too difficult. The path to Neda is very easy. I found the climb after Fene challenging but thereafter ok.
My backpack was only about 4k and I didnt try setting any speed records. If your mum has a reasonably level of fitness she should be fine.
We stayed in a mixture of albergues and private accommodation. We never once booked ahead.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just completed Inglese (La Coruna and Ferrol stages) and I am glad that I chose to walk from Ferrol in 8 days:
Day One ~ Ferrol to Neda, 13.14 Km (8.17 Miles)
Day Two ~ Neda to Pontedeume, 14.07 Km (8.74 Miles)
Day Three ~ Pontedeume to Miño, 10.45 Km (6.49 Miles)
Day Four ~ Miño to Betanzos, 11.10 Km (6.9 Miles)
Day Five ~ Betanzos to Presedo, 11.26 Km (7.06 Miles)
Day Six ~ Presedo to Hospital de Bruma, 12.73 Km (7.91 Miles)
Day Seven ~ Hospital de Bruma to Sigüeiro, 24.3 Km (15.1 Miles). ...
Day Eight ~ Sigüeiro to Santiago, 15.8 Km (9.82 Miles)..........
It is a short camino, but its not a walk in the park, as it is quite hilly.
Always allow for extra days and if you dont need them you can add it on to your stay in Santiago or a tour of La Coruna.
I didn't stay in Presedo, but booked a extra night at Hotel Garelos in Betanzos and taxied back and forth. I was intending to walk 4 km past Presido and call for the taxi at the rest area "Encaro do Beche" but I had a big meal at Presido restaurant and didn't want to walk further.
The taxi cost 16 euro. My taxi drivers name is Maria and she is affliliated with Hotel Garelos. She is on WhatsApp and her number is +34 620 04 43 32
A person I met on CI stayed at Casa Rural Costa De Egoa and really enjoyed it, if you can get a booking.

Most read last week in this forum

Anyone walking the Ingles this week?.Still few pilgrims? How's the weather conditions? Walking it next week. Thanks
Hi! Im currently on the Ingles, and I just wanna sing the praises of a stop in Mino. I had some extra time and so had decided to break up the camino to start on the 8th and arrive in to Santiago...
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James'...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.