A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Limited time advice

horn722

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte (2022) will be my first
My wife and I have 4 young kids and have limited time - probably 8-10 days. Has anyone ever done the beginning of a route (ie St. Jean to Pamplona) and then bussed ahead and done the last 100 k? I'm not particularly drawn to the Camino Inglés. Just curious how to have the best experience.

C clearly

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
Yes, many people have done all sorts of combinations, which usually result in the "best experience"!

To help us make suggestions, is it important to you to finish in Santiago? Also, what time of year are you thinking of? Do you want solitary, social, physically demanding, albergues, private lodging, etc.?

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
You can find all sorts of combinations and contortions by people trying to find ‘the best experience.’ Use the search function to find many of them. My advice is to simplify the work and once you start somewhere, just keep walking until you are out of time. Wherever you are, it will be great.

If you feel the need to finish in Santiago, then start somewhere to make that possible. How far can your young children reasonably walk each day? That will determine the distance you can cover (Your post isn’t clear whether you are bringing them, or if you are escaping them for that time 🤔.)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock