• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of non-albergue accomodation

janulda

Hello everyone!
Maybe it has already been discussed somewhere, but I was not able to find anything. We are going to travel with our 1-year old child and therefore will probably need some more comfort accomodation along the way, with private rooms. Do you know about any list of cheap hotels and pensions for Camino Frances?

Jana

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Jana, have you seen these YouTube videos of a young couple who walked the Camino with their baby? This is their first day of walking, they made quite a few more videos of other days. Lovely.

I know the French book Miam Miam Dodo (edition for the Camino Frances not the Le Puy) has all accommodation within 5 kilometres of the track. It is in French but easy to understand. Available from Amazon France
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/2916446397/

I too am looking for private accommodations but hotels.com is not cooperating.

I return to the Camino in the Fall for the second stage of my own particular Camino. I hope to start in early October in Logrono where I left off last year. However, hotels.com is indicating that hostals in Logrono and Najera that I want to put on my list of "possibles" have no availability for the first week in October.

So is there a major festival in the first week of October with accommodations already fully booked in Rioja or is the website just being contrary?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Confraternity of St James (UK) has a good list of accommodation (in addition to albergues). See www.csj.org.uk to order their current-year's guide to the Camino Francés. The Brierley guides give a limited number of hostels and guest houses as well.

Caminomary525,

Perhaps it it due to spillover (pardon the pun) from the San Mateo Festival for Rioja wine scheduled for 20/09 to 25/09 and centered in Logrono. See this web for more info.

Cheers,

MM

Caminomary525,

Perhaps it it due to spillover (pardon the pun) from the San Mateo Festival for Rioja wine scheduled for 20/09 to 25/09 and centered in Logrono. See this web for more info.

Cheers,

MM
Keep the pun flowing!!! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Try mundicamino.com Apart from the list of Albergues in each village, you can also find a complete list of hotels, pensions, B&B's etc. Click on the British flag for English. Anne

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.