• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Little help with translation...

Paulus

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (May 2005), Norte (May 2006), Vezelay (2007).
Ivar e.a. ,

Can you give me some translation of the next sentences! I do think that I understand it but I'm not sure. My Spanish is........ zero!

It is a confirmation from Hostal Astorga in Valladolid that I received by email.

Le informamos que, por necesidades de la casa, no podemos asegurar reservas con esta antelación. Si lo desea, puede consultar disponibilidad dentro de 2 meses.
Muchas gracias.

Thanks!

Paul

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We inform you that, for internal reasons, we cannot guarantee reservations with this notice. If you wish, you may check availability within 2 months.

Are you trying to book for the summer? From the 2nd sentence, I assume that 'esta antelación' means 'this far in advance' rather than 'at such short notice'.

Peter is right, they are telling you that they can not accept reservations this far ahead. They are telling you to try again "within 2 months".

From the 2nd sentence, I assume that 'esta antelación' means 'this far in advance' rather than 'at such short notice'.

'esta antelación' = 'this far in advance'

I found this myself once when trying to book at Hostal Suso in Santiago. They were hesitant taking a reservation for 4 rooms (I think they only have 5 or 6 rooms total), 4 months ahead. I guess they are afraid that I would cancel right before and they would sit with empty rooms.

Let us know if you have more Spanish questions!

Un saludo,
Ivar

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ivar,peter

Thanks!
Yes, I try to book ahead for May 10 th and June5th. I'm flying to and from Valladolid(from Bruxelles/belgium)
Starting the north Route in Irun (train valladolid-irun) and returning in Valladolid June 5th.
I know and have learned that the way is not to be planned and booked but after travelling a whole day I want to be sure of a bed the first day. Nothing so frustating to arrive in Valladolid in the evening and than have to search for a room.

I'll try it later to book a room!

Greetings,
paul

Most read last week in this forum