• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Long Post - My Packing Considerations

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think that the discussion of chargers is getting too technical and beyond the packing considerations that are the topic of this thread. Perhaps you can take it to a private Conversation, and then report back here only if you reach a simple consensus!

Last edited:
Please forgive me, it got technical after someone requested source material. My perspective is from a career in electronics development and manufacturing, including taking electronic devices and systems, small and large, through safety certification and failure analysis, and have seen "interesting events".

My message remains the same: be cautious with aftermarket chargers - many might "work" okay, but if not properly designed and made, could fail in dangerous ways. There is up to 240 volts at one end of these and you're phone, and your person (maybe wearing headphones), at the other - be sure your trust is well placed.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I think it is good input

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Time to Check in!!

Thank you to everyone who commented and provided support in the packing. I have managed to get the overall weight down to 6.5kg. I have kept my Laundry to every two days so there is always scope to drop lower. But I think any additional drop starts to become the choice of comfort vs weight that I'm not ready for now.
However I went for a long walk with the exact gear loaded + 2kg of water (more than i will carry most of the way). The difference in the walk this weekend was very noticeable so the drop of over 2.5kg saw a difference in my stamina, speed and overall feeling this morning.

In the coming weekend (5th and 6th March) I will be doing a 17 mile walk on Saturday and a ~10 mile walk on Sunday.

I cant wait now.... 55 days to go.

Most read last week in this forum