• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for an image of the Camino Frances to enlarge!

justbnow

Hello all,
I leave in 38 days for my first Camino! Needless to say, many have walked with me through more than a year of planning and preparation! The sweetest part is that I work part time at a retirement home... where very few can go outdoors, much less walk 500 miles! I almost think that they are more excited than I am (almost)... and they want to be a part of my pilgrimage. I will be having a seminar for them in a couple of weeks... to show the movie "The Way" , let them explore my backpack, shoes, and all that I am taking with me... right down to my toe socks and ExOfficio undies! What I need is a map of the Camino Frances... showing the stops along the way that I can enlarge big enough for the nonagenarians to see! :shock:
If you have one you could e-mail to me... it would be so greatly appreciated! I tried using the header on this site... and Kinko's just laughed at me... even I couldn't decipher it after we blew it up, and I'm only 47!
I thank you.... my old folks will thank you...
and Buen Camino
Brenda in Santa Barbara ~ justbnow@hotmail.com

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
justbnow said:
What I need is a map of the Camino Frances... showing the stops along the way that I can enlarge big enough for the nonagenarians to see! :shock:
Sorry to disappoint you, but an integral map of the Camino Francés from Roncesvalles to Santiago (800 km/500 miles) would not fit on one page. (the above picture proves it :!: ) There are many websites which display sections such as http://www.caminodesantiago.consumer.es with pictures and descriptions, as well as YouTube videos on "Santiago de Compostela" and/or any related topic. :wink: The only way to get the real hang of the Camino is to walk it :mrgreen:

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Could you get a large piece of card (or butcher's paper or newsprint from a local school) and hand draw it yourself with a thick marker? You could even jot down the name of villages along the way and someone from the home could plot your journey day by day (or whenever you update them) with a nice bright red marker pen!
Come to think of it, I might do this when I take our younger kids but have to leave the older ones at home!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I was able to find a map in several sections in a book on the camino, can't remember the title. It was not a guide book that you might carry with you as it was large and mostly about the history and architecture of what you would see along the camino. I was able to copy the sections and put them together on a couple of pages for my mother and my husband so they could follow my route.

Thank you for your replies.... still hoping someone comes up with the perfect solution to my problem.... although... now I am considering tracing it myself.... thank you for that idea! In preparing for bringing the old folks along with me in spirit ~ I did a photo shoot all dressed in Camino garb in various situations, so that the activity coordinator at the home can post pictures of me as I make my way across Spain. Good fun!

justbknow, would you consider keeping a blog - even a very simple one recording what you have done or something you have thought about or the story of someone you met that day.....there would probably be someone at the home to read it out to residents. If you wanted to get fancy you could add photos too - but even just the story would no doubt be engaging for those you are leaving behind. I think it's lovely the way you are trying to allow these folk to "join" you on the journey.
(of it blogging is out of the question - how about a once-a-week email to someone who could print it out and take it along)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Got it covered!!!! I will be e-mailing the activities coordinator at least once a week, where she will then host a "tea party/happy hour" to read and post the updates!!! Just a funny story of how even the families of the residents are involved. One sweet elderly lady had an.... accident on my shoes one afternoon. :oops: the following day I was presented with a $100.00 gift certificate to REI to purchase new shoes! LOL The Camino povides...

Hi Brenda,

I have a map of the Camino Frances from the French border near Roncesvalles to Santiago de Composta. It is old and delicate. It is of VERY GREAT SENTIMENTAL VALUE to me
It is printed on two sides of an A1 sheet and includes pictures of interesting places and churches.

If you send me your address I will loan it to you so you can have it photocopied. I have given a blackand white copy to my grandaughter so she can follow my route.

But you must promise to return it to me immediately ie, the very day you photocopy it.

regards,

Lydia

You might find the right solution within this recent Forum thread, Where can I source a Camino Wall Map ?. >> el-camino-frances/topic18153.html.

It's great that you are involving all your "family" in your camino!

Buen Camino to everyone!

Margaret Meredith

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Consider also this solution:
As almost everyone is using GPS for navigation, traditional paper maps can be found for cheap prices in some shops specialized in overstocks.
Here in Brussels, I bought a brand new Michelin roadmap of Spain and Portugal for only 1€. I sticked numbered tags on the places refering the stages in the Brierley guide. I pinched the map on the wall near the kitchen so my wife could follow the trail. Also easy to tell her on the phone that I arrived for example at number 14.

Best map for this purpase would be a detailed Michelin map.
I have also sent you some maps that might help.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back