• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for men to walk the Frances route;

Mws

Time of past OR future Camino
25apr-03jun(2013)
My name is Mark and I’m planing on walking the Frances route, starting from SJPDP, in early Sep, this year. I’m 67 years old and I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I walked the Frances route ten years ago with my wife and two of our sons, but this year, none of them can make it. If you might be interested, please let me know.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My name is Mark and I’m planing on walking the Frances route, starting from SJPDP, in early Sep, this year. I’m 67 years old and I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I walked the Frances route ten years ago with my wife and two of our sons, but this year, none of them can make it. If you might be interested, please let me know.
Hello Mark, here's your first reply. My name is Wayne and I started preparing for my Camino Frances roughly 6 weeks ago. I'm 60 years old and his will be my first time out there. I'll possibly leave from Pau, or thereabout, and head toward St. Jean. Let's stay in touch (if you'd like) and see if we can meet up on the way.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
What trecile says is pretty much the best way to approach the Camino. You will be walking in amongst hundreds of people, you can mingle between groups and with time find people you want to walk with, but at the same time, nothing is stopping you changing groups or doing your own thing. Camino is your walk, so walk it the way you want. Walk with who you want to and if you don't want to walk with people for a day or two, that's fine also.

Mark, hope you have an awesome adventure on the Frances. I did it last year right before turning 65.
Planning on the Portuguese in May 2024 and if finances allow, taking the train to Ponferrada picking up the Invierno. All this to say, love seeing someone else "older" than I out on Camino!

Hello Mark, here's your first reply. My name is Wayne and I started preparing for my Camino Frances roughly 6 weeks ago. I'm 60 years old and his will be my first time out there. I'll possibly leave from Pau, or thereabout, and head toward St. Jean. Let's stay in touch (if you'd like) and see if we can meet up on the way.
Hi there Wayne; Yes I would like to keep in touch. How many days do you think it will take you to hike from Pau to SJPDP, and when are you planning on starting? Are you planning on hiking the entire Camino Frances route? Are you hiking with anyone else? Do you live in the US? I'm hoping on arriving into SJPDP around Sep 13th, and starting my pilgrimage the next day, or maybe two days later.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
in early Sep, this year.
You will be walking in amongst hundreds of people
This is literally true. Early September is the busiest time of year for people starting in SJPP, such that many people recommend that you make reservations as far as Pamplona. There are plenty of people in their 60s and 70s starting from SJPP and you will very easily get into conversation with them. If you stay in an albergue in SJPP, you will find yourself bonding with others even before you start. That seems to me to be a much better way to find companions that are compatible, without any commitment.

If you have your start date settled, you could add your name to the list of September starters on this thread.

The fact that hundreds of people will be walking the Frances does not necessarily mean that it will be easy to develop contacts. (For instance depending on your personality, introvert or extravert) The masses on the CF spread out a lot over the many accomodations, restaurants and so on. Everyday you see new people. I found it much easier to make contact on a less crowded camino, where you see the same people regularly.

Don't fret about meeting someone as you know having already done a Camino you'll be spoiled for choice for someone to walk talk with wait and see who you click with before deciding anything or anyone.peronally I prefer walking alone each day but look forward to have company and conversations with people at breaks during day and in our hostels etc each evening.sometimes very difficult now to have some peace and privacy on Caminos because there getting more popular each passing year.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back