• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for publishers partial to Camino literature

Burton Axxe

Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2023
Greetings all. I have written a Camino book in Japanese, detailing my experience as a white guy 'representing' Japan on the Camino Frances and the subsequent discussions, meditations, and realizations that this entailed from a dual identity or east-meets-west perspective. I have a lead on some Japanese publishers (I live there and have published before) and so am pursuing that end.

I have also, however, adapted the book for an English-reading audience, with the same theme, but with the commentary originally aimed at the Japanese reader adjusted to suit non-Japanese readers. This means I'm looking for an English/International publisher who might be partial to this type of narrative. There is a glut of Camino literature in English but this book has the twist decribed above. Any leads would be welcome. Responses can be in this thread or DM me if you think that would be more suitable.

Thanks in advance.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Go to a large Western bookstore (or, Amazon US site), search for the glut of English-language Camino literature, check the book description to find the publisher.

But, what you are asking for is not what you really want. What you want is, a literary agent who works in the non-fiction/travel area. For that, you could start here: https://literaryagencies.com/list-of-literary-agents/

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Go to a large Western bookstore (or, Amazon US site), search for the glut of English-language Camino literature, check the book description to find the publisher.

But, what you are asking for is not what you really want. What you want is, a literary agent who works in the non-fiction/travel area. For that, you could start here: https://literaryagencies.com/list-of-literary-agents/
Yes, this appears to be the first step- at least for those publishers not open to unsolicited submissions. So, are there any authors here who have a literary agent?

FWIW you can self publish though Amazon
I've self-published (in a different genre) before on Kindle. The good points are a higher degree of self-control and that most of the (usually meagre) royalties go to you. The considerable bad side is that publicity, distribution, and other support is also all up to you. It's actually more work than producing the manuscript in the first place. As someone who decided to drop a heavy online presence a few years back, that's especially daunting.

Last edited:
Thanks. This is the sort of help I was seeking- a publisher with a focus on memoirs of the Camino type, and one also willing to accept manuscripts directly.

The only reservation I had here was in noting that the intro to the Camino book they recently published describes it as a ‘dangerous’ journey, as if the author was crossing Syria in an abandoned tank or something.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks. This is the sort of help I was seeking- a publisher with a focus on memoirs of the Camino type, and one also willing to accept manuscripts directly.

The only reservation I had here was in noting that the intro to the Camino book they recently published describes it as a ‘dangerous’ journey, as if the author was crossing Syria in an abandoned tank or something.

Depends on where they started it from, I guess.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.