• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for someone to talk to in Vigo, Dec 28, 2023

heyiyaif

Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2023, June-july 2023, december 2023
Hello,

So this is a bit nutty.
This has been a bit of a year for me. I walked to let go of old grief but seem to have walked up war. Did not get much of a choice either.

I have had funnier times but I suppose what with eveything going on, it couldn't be helped.
I am heading to Vigo with it, should be there tomorrow.
My question is: where do you go to speak to other people and take counsel and discuss these things? My feeling is Vigo, but apart from that?
I have an invisible disability which affect my social skills, and so just need to ask flat out online. Are there others going to Vigo? Where can we meet? Does anybody know where to go with these matters?

I have no idea which category this post fits in,. O.0 'help needed' does not seem to figure, so here goes.

Help from admins to get to the right place if I am not, also appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rannveig

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Vigo is a large city so when you get there, fellow pilgrims will be almost invisible. You could try staying at some of the accommodation mentioned on Gronze. As you walk out of the city towards Redondela there is a forest trail that leads to the town. You may find fellow pilgrims to talk to there or as you progress towards Santiago.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello,

So this is a bit nutty.
This has been a bit of a year for me. I walked to let go of old grief but seem to have walked up war. Did not get much of a choice either.

I have had funnier times but I suppose what with eveything going on, it couldn't be helped.
I am heading to Vigo with it, should be there tomorrow.
My question is: where do you go to speak to other people and take counsel and discuss these things? My feeling is Vigo, but apart from that?
I have an invisible disability which affect my social skills, and so just need to ask flat out online. Are there others going to Vigo? Where can we meet? Does anybody know where to go with these matters?

I have no idea which category this post fits in,. O.0 'help needed' does not seem to figure, so here goes.

Help from admins to get to the right place if I am not, also appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rannveig

Your question is not nutty at all.

I do not know what your Spanish language skills are so this might make it more difficult to talk with locals about matters of the heart and mind.

Did you look into the possibility to talk ( online or via telephone ) with a helpline in your country? Your profile says you are from Denmark. Here are some telephonenumbers. Even if not directly suited for you they are most probably able to direct you further.

Take very good care of yourself and Buen Camino!

Last edited:
It's not silly or nutty at all to reach out. I'm guessing there aren't many walking just now and being alone with our thoughts is not always the best thing. Yes, Vigo is a big anonymous city but the old town down near the harbour has a nice feel about it and the municipal albergue is open according to Gronze. You'll likely find a few fellow pilgrims there and the permanent hospitalera last year was very kind and approachable, perhaps she can help? Reaching out to someone at home, either a friend or professional might be a big help too. Wishing you well, be kind to yourself.

Pas pĂĄ og held og lykke!

Are you headed to Vigo to start walking on the Camino there?

I already walked lots on the Camino earlier this year.

Whether I will walk more is a possibility but I need to decide what way I am headed first.
It's not silly or nutty at all to reach out. I'm guessing there aren't many walking just now and being alone with our thoughts is not always the best thing. Yes, Vigo is a big anonymous city but the old town down near the harbour has a nice feel about it and the municipal albergue is open according to Gronze. You'll likely find a few fellow pilgrims there and the permanent hospitalera last year was very kind and approachable, perhaps she can help? Reaching out to someone at home, either a friend or professional might be a big help too. Wishing you well, be kind to yourself.

Pas pĂĄ og held og lykke!
Tak. Thank you. :) I walked in the summer, lots of people then and a few good conversations, but most were very..shall we say, preoccupied and in their own groups. I will definitely check out your directions, thanks a bunch!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Vigo is a large city so when you get there, fellow pilgrims will be almost invisible. You could try staying at some of the accommodation mentioned on Gronze. As you walk out of the city towards Redondela there is a forest trail that leads to the town. You may find fellow pilgrims to talk to there or as you progress towards Santiago.

Thank you. :)

I walked in the summer, lots of people then and a few good conversations, but most were very..shall we say, preoccupied and in their own groups. I will definitely check out your directions, thanks a bunch!

Yes, and it can be lonely in such a crowd, nogen gange. I think you're more likely to find kindred spirits and deeper meaning in the quieter times, at least that has been my own experience..
Enjoy the day 🙂

Your question is not nutty at all.

I do not know what your Spanish language skills are so this might make it more difficult to talk with locals about matters of the heart and mind.

Did you look into the possibility to talk ( online or via telephone ) with a helpline in your country? Your profile says you are from Denmark. Here are some telephones. Even if not directly suited for you they are most probably able to direct you further.

Take very good care of yourself and Buen Camino!

Yes, and it can be lonely in such a crowd, nogen gange. I think you're more likely to find kindred spirits and deeper meaning in the quieter times, at least that has been my own experience..
Enjoy the day 🙂

Likewise, godt nytĂĄr.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back