• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found Lost wallet between Orisson and Roncesvalles

Solea

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances September/October 2022
I don’t have much hope that this will lead to anything but I will post anyway just on the off chance someone has seen my wallet. On day two of my camino on the way to Zubiri, I found that I lost my travel wallet, probably left it at the albergue in Roncesvalles. I might have lost it even before between Orrison and Roncesvalles. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it did not contain any personal information just my cash of about 300 Euros that was supposed to last for a week. It was a beige credit card sized wallet with a zipper and a clip. I am lucky to still have my cards and can get more money. But it still hurts to lose that
amount of cash. ☹️

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I sympathise. This leads me to repeat tips from other situations, recently posted: take a photo of your wallet. you had a good idea to separate your cash. Put a little piece of paper inside your new wallet with your phone number, especially if you are using whatsapp.
This is the season for losing things. I don't know how many posts have been about lost items recently. That is no consolation to you, and if your wallet has been found by a pilgrim, it will not sit easily till they have tried to locate the owner, so advertising your loss is a great idea.
Either ring the albergue in Roncesvalles, or email them, and see if that brings any joy. Don't give up hope, but if it is truly gone, let it sail away, don't follow it. I know, easy to say but if you keep thinking of the money, it will hold you to
ransom.

That is such good advice. I have been so careful with my belongings so far and was shocked to find the money gone. In my attempts to downsize everything I went overboard and the tiny wallet probably fell out of my hip pack when I pulled out something else. That’s the only explanation I have. I called Roncesvalles already but hey didn’t have it.
You are absolutely correct about not letting this ruin my trip. I’m fact I was much calmer than usual when I found out and I am prepared to let it go. I hope that wherever it lands it will help someone who truly needs it And if on an off chance do get it back I vow to donate a portion of it for a good cause.
Perhaps my first camino lesson? Letting go…..

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I don't know if this is any help but I always carry my wallet in my front pocket as a deterent to pickpockets and if it is the only thing in that pocket I immediately realize it is not there.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back