Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transport on the Primitivo

peregrina2000

Staff member
A friend in Oviedo sent me this update from a taxi company named Taxi Camino. I’ve translated the notice.

Tomorrow the 24th of August, we will transport 222 pieces of luggage on the Camino Primitivo. With last minute calls and a few who never remember to call, we will have many more than that by the end of the day. We appreciate your trust in us.

Mañana 24 de #agosto moveremos 222 equipajes en el #caminoprimitivo que serán bastantes más con llamadas de última hora, algún despistado/ada que no se acordó de avisar...
Imposible agradecer tanta confianza.

This is just one of several transport options on the Primitivo, so you do the math!

My suggestion would be that before you sign up for this service, think about the fact that you are losing an opportunity to strip down to basics, enjoy a sense of self-reliance and competence, not to mention the flexibility that comes with having your stuff with you.

You may well find you need to use backpack transport for health or medical reasons, and then you will be glad to have all these options. But if you are just doing it because it’s easier, you might want to reconsider what you’re giving up in exchange. The rewards are many.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Tomorrow the 24th of August, we will transport 222 pieces of luggage on the Camino Primitivo. With last minute calls and a few who never remember to call, we will have many more than that by the end of the day. We appreciate your trust in us.
This is a nearly unbelievable amount! My, how things have changed.😳

It does sound a lot but bear in mind if the service is running the whole way along the Primitivo - you can divide that number by the number of pick up towns. That said, I don’t recall seeing much luggage awaiting pick up when last on the the Primitivo in October 2019 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is a nearly unbelievable amount! My, how things have changed.😳

It does sound a lot but bear in mind if the service is running the whole way along the Primitivo - you can divide that number by the number of pick up towns. 😎
But it's not the only transfer service on the Primitivo - Correos covers this route also.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I like the humor in the post...and a few who never remember to call.

Indeed. ;)

And I hope to not use them or correos, but since my ultimate goal (starting in 22 days, eek!) is to walk In Vicarie Pro, I'll use them if I have to. ;/

I like the humor in the post...and a few who never remember to call.

Indeed. ;)

And I hope to not use them or correos, but since my ultimate goal (starting in 22 days, eek!) is to walk In Vicarie Pro, I'll use them if I have to. ;/
A wonderful path. Best wishes 🙏

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back