• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Map

Wow - this is my first post on the first morning of my decision to walk the Camino! I really would

• Not sure what this means?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JanJames

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to go next year for the first time
Wow - this is my first post on the first morning of my decision to walk the Camino! I really would love a map to pin up to plot my route - yes I can do something with an app but I would love a good old fashioned paper version.

Any suggestions?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Any suggestions?
Maps have become hard to find overseas since the advent of the internet. About the only place you can find a map of Spain anymore is in Spain. I never did find a standard map with the Camino Frances plotted on it. I do have a wall mounted relief map of the route; it isn't really for carrying, but it is good for presentations.

Hi Jan, if you want to save some money, go to either Bing.com or Google.com and search for "Maps of the Camino de Santiago" you'll get a lot of hits, however you need to take a closer look to see what is best for you. You can then print the Camino that you are after. I bought a map somewhere on the Camino a few years ago and you can see an example if you download the .pdf file at: http://www.elmundodelospirineos.com/catalogo2013.pdf (page 19) I found out that you can order the ISBN # via Amazon although I'm not sure if that would work for you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If a print-out will do there are several maps to be found on the internet. Try to search for Camino map and pictures.

Enjoy your planning and buen Camino!

You didn't say where you're located, but if in the US you can go to Barnes & Noble or any other bookstore of note and buy a fold-out highway map of Spain. They usually sell a couple of versions, and the Michelin maps are probably the best for Europe, at least of those readily available here in the US. I doubt that it would have the Camino highlighted, so you'd have to then purchase a guidebook like the Brierley -- or use some of the online maps that you can find with Google -- and use those smaller maps to transcribe the route onto the larger map. You'll probably find that you'll have to guesstimate the locations of some of the really small villages and segments because the Camino is not always on a road (and many of the roads are really small little farm lanes that will not be on a broad scale map). But you probably won't be too far off -- and besides, you're not going to navigating with this map ;). Start laying out the route with pencil so you can correct mistakes, then finalize it with a Sharpie and/or highlighter. That's a lot of work to be sure, but it's a good way to really get familiar with the small towns and villages along the way.
Buen Camino,
Jim

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.