• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

March 6, 2022 - Lisbon start

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Have loads of fun. Check out Lisbon for a couple of days if you can. Gronze shows that the Alpriate pilgrim hostel is closed. The first stage out of Lisbon. My friend who I walked with stayed at a hotel that was located just before you walked up the hill to go into town. I think there was a gas station across the street. I do not know what he paid but it was a nice room for sure.
If the hostel is open I would try to get there early as there are only 10 or 12 beds and you never know on any given day, even in March how many pilgrims start that day. It is a nice walk through Lisbon. If you choose to go past Alpriate it makes it a 30K day. Maybe that is fine for you I have no idea. Bom Camino.
The food and coffee is wonderful in Portugal and I think the Portugues people are the nicest and warmest people on earth.

Hello Everyone! I’m planning to start from Lisbon the weekend of March 5-6.
Hi Linda,
You must be well on your way. I'd love to know how you are getting now? I'm planning on starting Lisbon early June. I'm thinking of skipping the 1st 1 or 2 stages as it's sond very industrial
Would be lovely to get a "post covid" (hopefully) take on this route

Sinéad

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Linda,
You must be well on your way. I'd love to know how you are getting now? I'm planning on starting Lisbon early June. I'm thinking of skipping the 1st 1 or 2 stages as it's sond very industrial
Would be lovely to get a "post covid" (hopefully) take on this route

Sinéad
The best laid plans, and all… I walked from Lisbon to Parque Des Naçoés. Lovely. Took a train to Villa Franca de Xires, walked to Azambuja. Fine. Took a train from Azambuja to Santarém. (Felt too uncomfortable going halfway without a reservation.) Walked from Santarém to Fátima. Good. Took a bus from Fátima to Porto. Walked Porto to Santiago. Wonderful!

The truth is, there were not many pilgrims at this time of year. Prior to Porto I saw less than 6. I spent most days alone on the trail and most nights alone in cold Albergues. It was not ideal.

At Porto, things picked up. March can be a very lonely, isolating time from Lisbon to Porto. It was really difficult for me to handle that and I had to change my plans considerably in order to reach Santiago.

I’m hoping things are very different at other times if the year. Buen Camino!! I hope you enjoy the hell out of your time. It’s pretty amazing.

The best laid plans, and all… I walked from Lisbon to Parque Des Naçoés. Lovely. Took a train to Villa Franca de Xires, walked to Azambuja. Fine. Took a train from Azambuja to Santarém. (Felt too uncomfortable going halfway without a reservation.) Walked from Santarém to Fátima. Good. Took a bus from Fátima to Porto. Walked Porto to Santiago. Wonderful!

The truth is, there were not many pilgrims at this time of year. Prior to Porto I saw less than 6. I spent most days alone on the trail and most nights alone in cold Albergues. It was not ideal.

At Porto, things picked up. March can be a very lonely, isolating time from Lisbon to Porto. It was really difficult for me to handle that and I had to change my plans considerably in order to reach Santiago.

I’m hoping things are very different at other times if the year. Buen Camino!! I hope you enjoy the hell out of your time. It’s pretty amazing.
Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. Yes, I can understand how quiet March would be. Hopefully June will be slightly busier & warmer. I a cold creature so I always bring a sleeping bag. Delighted enjoyed from Porto onwards.
Were the albergues back to full or >50% capacity?

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. Yes, I can understand how quiet March would be. Hopefully June will be slightly busier & warmer. I a cold creature so I always bring a sleeping bag. Delighted enjoyed from Porto onwards.
Were the albergues back to full or >50% capacity?
On the nights I stayed in Albergues, they were empty or nearly empty. I don’t know if they would have filled them to capacity given the opportunity. The only time I recall there being nearly full dorm rooms was in Tui, at Albergue Pallanes (great place!)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
On the nights I stayed in Albergues, they were empty or nearly empty. I don’t know if they would have filled them to capacity given the opportunity. The only time I recall there being nearly full dorm rooms was in Tui, at Albergue Pallanes (great place!)
Thanks again Linda,
I've highlighted Alb. Pallanes now 😀

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.