• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2014

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello, welcome to the forum! I walked in May 2012 and the flowers were gorgeous. it's was a great time!

Hi SLF, welcome and enjoy all there is to offer here. I'm starting in the last week of April 2014. Constantly thinking about it, planning and dreaming, it's just so exciting.
Buen Camino
Alex

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
May 2014 is my start time too, my first Camino. I hope to travel by train to S J P P and take it from there.

Trying to decide if I should book my room for the first night.

Who knows we might share a meal and a few miles together.

Buen camino. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the daylight :)

As closed to the 1st for me.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am leaving SJPP on May 18th and will arrive in Pamplona May 21 as I am going to be with a group those dates. After that who knows? Hope to see many of you along the way. I will have a forum patch on my Osprey backpack and a patch with a triangle in a circle (black and white). I am 5'6'' and slender with light brown/dark blonde medium length curly hair.
Buen Camino
Stefania

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You all are sooo lucky to be heading off this May. I wish I were going. My camino begins May 2015. I'll be watching your out come of you experiences. Weather, lodging, how you were feeling as you walked. I will continue working on my gear and getting in as many miles as I can before my adventure. God bless you all!

Excited to read about all you guys' Camino. I will also be a May 2014 Pilgrim. I land on Madrid on May the 6th and plan to start biking from SJPP on the 8th. Fluent in Spanish, English and French. Hope to meet many of you folks! Look for the guy with the handlebar mustache and the Mexico flag. Can't wait!

Buen Camino

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Like Meri my wife and I leave SJPDP on the 16th May so maybe we will meet _ my language is limited to English

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

I have walked sections of the Camino every May since 2011. Mixed bag in terms of weather; I got sunburned walking from Zubiri to Pamplona and then never saw one hour of sunlight from Logrono to Burgos. I also walked the Meseta in October 2013 and the weather was divine!

Hi everyone...I'll be leaving from Pamplona on May 9th.
Sean-- have you considered taking a bus to Roncesvalles and start there? I thought the days Roncesvalles to Zubiri and Zubiri to Pamplona were fantastic and the walks in the Navarra Region are amazing. Just a thought.

You all :)-- Remember to "register" your Camino on the CAMINO CALENDAR!!Buen Camino!!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have walked sections of the Camino every May since 2011. Mixed bag in terms of weather; I got sunburned walking from Zubiri to Pamplona and then never saw one hour of sunlight from Logrono to Burgos. I also walked the Meseta in October 2013 and the weather was divine!

Sean-- have you considered taking a bus to Roncesvalles and start there? I thought the days Roncesvalles to Zubiri and Zubiri to Pamplona were fantastic and the walks in the Navarra Region are amazing. Just a thought.

You all :)-- Remember to "register" your Camino on the CAMINO CALENDAR!!Buen Camino!!

Indeed...Logrono to Burgos in May last was dismal to say the least, but from Burgos through the meseta, right up to Leon was divine.
It was like a new page was turned once I hit the flat lands :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Olivares...thanks for the tip. Actually looking into it and seems like a great starting point. Would you recommend taking a bus or taxi to get there?

There is a bus (Autocares Artieda company) that leaves the Bus Station in Pamplona for Roncesvalles from Mon-Fri at 6pm for 6 Euros/pp. They do not take reservations so you have to buy the ticket at the bus station. It takes about an hour. To consider also that there will be taxis waiting for the bus at Roncesvalles to then take people to SJPDP.

I believe that Autobuses Alsa company starts their route Pamplona-SJPDP later in the Sumer leaving at 2pm and at 5:30pm. About 20 Euros/pp. Check www.Alsa.es. A taxi from Pamplona to Roncesvalles (www.taxipamplona.com ) is about 60 Euros; to SJPDP is about 100 Euros. They do offer the option to share with other pilgrins; check http://www.taxipamplona.com/comparte.php.

Another company that's gaining popularity is Navarvip ( www.navarvipservicios.com) . They only take off when more than 3-- so you pay a share. Hope this helps.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will be starting my trip from Pittsburgh, Pa on May 18 and heading to St Jean via Paris. It seems like such a long time away and yet I know it will be here before I know it. Hope to meet some of you on my journey!

Burn Camino!

Hi all, I'll be accompanying a group walking from Sarria to Santiago in May 2014 :) we start on May 4th and hopefully I'll bump into some of you along the way? My forum badge will be on my pack :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I will be starting my trip from Pittsburgh, Pa on May 18 and heading to St Jean via Paris. It seems like such a long time away and yet I know it will be here before I know it. Hope to meet some of you on my journey!

Burn Camino!
Hi Catzilla! Welcome to the forum. You will be leaving 2 days after me from the US. I will be with a group until May 21 when we arrive in Pamplona, then I am on my own. Hope to meet you along the way. I will have my forum badge on my Osprey backpack. I am 5'6'' and slender with dark blond curly hair. Take care and Buen Camino.
Stefania

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Shoes, sandals, backpack, myself and the combinations tested and "sertified" by my physiotherapist today. Jippi :)
Only seven weeks to go !
Wish it was tomorrow !

Hi all you May walkers! I will be arriving in sjpdp from Canada on the 21st May and I am so looking forward to it. Thanks to all the experienced forum members who have been answering questions here......I listen to everything you have to say and find the information so helpful.

Buen Camino

Frances
Hi Frances, I'm originally from Calgary, now living in Minneapolis. I will be leaving SJPP on May 18th and moving very slowly. I'm sure you'll catch up and pass me. See you on The Way! Pennie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
HI!! I will be starting from Sarria on the 15th May :) I am so excited and its wonderful to read the information on this forum.
I an Indian - living in Perth , Western Australia and will be walking with my german friend :)
Hope to see you all somewhere along our journey.Buen Camino :)
Suni

Des and I are starting on May 16th from SJPDP so we are looking forward to seeing you along the way - may you travel well and may blisters be only a distant thought

Larry and Des, you're a little ahead of me, but I'm hoping as I become more fit later in the walk, and if you two stop for a couple of rest days, I might catch up to you. I hope I get to meet you. Buen Camino. Pennie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I leave SJPDP on 29th April, I wish it was sooner, I wish I booked a flight for few weeks earlier as im now like a child waiting for Christmas, but as my granny used to say 'good things come to those who wait' (hopefully) I'm praying May will be sunny and not too wet. My rucksack is packed and ready and I've 39 sleeps till I leave for France.

I leave SJPDP on 29th April, I wish it was sooner, I wish I booked a flight for few weeks earlier as im now like a child waiting for Christmas, but as my granny used to say 'good things come to those who wait' (hopefully) I'm praying May will be sunny and not too wet. My rucksack is packed and ready and I've 39 sleeps till I leave for France.
Hope to meet you! We start on the 29th too. Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Burn Camino!

Catzilla,
Wow we fly out of Erie, PA on May 12th for SJPdP via Madrid! We will begin our walk on May 15th but will take it easy for the first few days walking-wise. Maybe we will see you on the way... It will be me, my daughters and husband... We girls will be sporting a flower on our packs. I have been dreaming of this for over a year and can hardly believe it is less than 2 months way.

-Ellen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Catzilla! Welcome to the forum. You will be leaving 2 days after me from the US. I will be with a group until May 21 when we arrive in Pamplona, then I am on my own. Hope to meet you along the way. I will have my forum badge on my Osprey backpack. I am 5'6'' and slender with dark blond curly hair. Take care and Buen Camino.
Stefania

Hi Stefania and Ellen, it is comforting to know that I will have fellow pilgrims not so far from home on the camino with me with almost the same starting dates! I will keep an eye out for both of you. I have no distinguishable marks/symbols on my pak.....yet. This is going to be such an adventure. I am both anxious and apprehensive all at the same time. It is so hard to believe that this is a reality. See you soon. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I originally planned to fly into Madrid onto Pamplona on the 5th May but forgot it was my dads birthday , scandalous i know :eek:. Don't blame me its the camino! Fortunately i hadn't booked my flight so its all booked for 10th May now, 2 nights in Pamplona to recover and then off to walk i go :D, bet I'm not smiling when I'm looking for an albergue in puente de la reina!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Am starting from SJPDP on Saturday 3rd May. I hope to meet some of you, share some footsteps and maybe a little vino tinto too.

Hi all I will be leaving st. Jean on the 4th of May so hope to see you all along the way!

Buen camino and well wishes :)

Hi all I will be leaving st. Jean on the 4th of May so hope to see you all along the way!

Buen camino and well wishes :)
Hi Alice, I leave the day before but I'm sure our paths will cross! Have a safe and wonderful camino - I know I'm very exciting now. Leave in less than 2 weeks!

I get so excited when I read these posts... I am also boring the pants off everyone as I can't stop talking about the Camino and spend every spare moment reading posts on this Forum.
I will be walking with my nephew-in-law who turns 60 during our walk - I turned 60 in Nov last year so this is our coming of age adventure! We leave Oz on 12 May (less than 6 weeks now- yay!)
and arrive in Paris 13 May. We then fly to Biarritz where we will stay the night and arrive in SJPdP on 14 May, spend another night then start the adventure on 15 May. Hopefully our paths
will cross with many of you, we will have Oz Flag patches on our backpacks with our names (Di and Dave). Say good day if you see us! Beginning to feel like a kid counting the sleeps to
Christmas, loving the anticipation but my feet are definitely itchy to start walking.
Buen Camino everyone

I get so excited when I read these posts... I am also boring the pants off everyone as I can't stop talking about the Camino and spend every spare moment reading posts on this Forum.
I will be walking with my nephew-in-law who turns 60 during our walk - I turned 60 in Nov last year so this is our coming of age adventure! We leave Oz on 12 May (less than 6 weeks now- yay!)
and arrive in Paris 13 May. We then fly to Biarritz where we will stay the night and arrive in SJPdP on 14 May, spend another night then start the adventure on 15 May. Hopefully our paths
will cross with many of you, we will have Oz Flag patches on our backpacks with our names (Di and Dave). Say good day if you see us! Beginning to feel like a kid counting the sleeps to
Christmas, loving the anticipation but my feet are definitely itchy to start walking.
Buen Camino everyone

G'day Keldi

I set off from Alice Springs but leaving SJPDP May 16, hopefully we'll meet along the way!

Buen Camino!
Marie

Am starting from SJPDP on Saturday 3rd May. I hope to meet some of you, share some footsteps and maybe a little vino tinto too.
My wife June and I are also leaving on the 3rd and we enjoy the vino tinto. Sounds like plan, we look forward to meeting you. I need to warn
you though we are from northern Minnesota so you will hear a few "ya you bechas" but we'll try to control ourselves.

My wife June and I are also leaving on the 3rd and we enjoy the vino tinto. Sounds like plan, we look forward to meeting you. I need to warn
you though we are from northern Minnesota so you will hear a few "ya you bechas" but we'll try to control ourselves.
Where in MN? We are north of Grand Rapids, MN. I start from StJPP on April 21.

I'm in Apple Valley, Minnesota. We're well represented on the Camino this year by the sounds of it. :) I'm starting in SJPP on May 18. Too bad we're unlikely to all meet up on The Way. Maybe in the fall we'll have a state side get together. Buen Camino. Pennie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Leaving Williamsport, Pennsylvania May 13 for Madrid. Hope to get to SJPDP by late May 14. Probably start humping my ruck on the 16th.

I'm a couple of days behind you xin lol, starting on May 18 from SJPP but if you take a rest day somewhere along The Way, perhaps we'll get to meet. Buen Camino. Pennie

Hey guys! I leave May 11 from Houston, Tx and will be arriving in Paris on the 12th at 06:55. I'm debating about staying a day or just catching the first train to Bayonne. I should be at SJPP around the 12 or 13!

Buen Camino!
Leaving Houston on April 28 and leaving SJPP on May 1 - we'll be a few days ahead of you. We're in the final stages of preparation - lots of nervous energy.

Leaving Houston on April 28 and leaving SJPP on May 1 - we'll be a few days ahead of you. We're in the final stages of preparation - lots of nervous energy.
Leaving El Paso, TX April 27, arriving to SJPdP April 28, and starting the Camino on April 29. Hope to cross paths! Buen camino!

We live north of Bemidji. I retire on the April 18th and leave for the Camino April 30th
Tomas, I'll be starting out several days before you, but there is always the chance that we'll cross paths. Otherwise, perhaps we can get together some time later in the summer or fall. We live close to Bigfork. I did the two adult weeks in Spanish last year at Concordia Language Villages on Turtle River Lake. And congratulations on your pending retirement!

I don't know how to start a new thread (question) sigh! I am arriving by train to Pamplona. I have one night to recover from jet lag before I move on and arrive in STJPdP. Any suggestions to get to the right place to get a response?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you looking for a place to stay in Pamplona or a place in SJPP? Or something else altogether?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you looking for a place to stay in Pamplona or a place in SJPP? Or something else altogether?
I want suggestions on where to stay my first night to get a good sleep and recover from jet lag before I go on to St. Jean the next day. I could stay in Pamplona or go to Roncesvalles. I arrive in Pamplona at about 3 pm. Thanks.

I agree with pbucilla! Travel to Pamplona and use the transfer service offered by Pension Corazon Puro. This is their web.

They will meet your train, host and feed you and next morning drive you to either Roncesvalles or SJPdP as you wish. I stayed with them last October on the way down from Roncesvalles; all was friendly, comfy and the dinner delicious.

Margaret Meredith

Hello everybody, I`m new to this forum wisch I find very usefull and inspiring. We arrive Biarittz on the 25th if may and wonder if anyone would concider sharing a taxi to SJPDP? We walk out on the 26th of may.

I want suggestions on where to stay my first night to get a good sleep and recover from jet lag before I go on to St. Jean the next day. I could stay in Pamplona or go to Roncesvalles. I arrive in Pamplona at about 3 pm. Thanks.
Wynne, I am staying at http://www.corazonpuro.es and really looking forward to it. I can't remember when you are starting but I will be there the night of May 16th. Buen Camino
Stefania

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all! From New Orleans, Louisiana My sister and will be starting in Sarria on May 1st . Its my 2nd and her time walking the camino. Some day ill be able to do the full Camino from SJPP. I hope to meet some people on this thread

My wife and I are starting in SJPDP on April 30. We plan on attending Osasuna v Celta Vigo football match the night of May 3 in Pamplona. See you on the trail!

My wife and I are starting in SJPDP on April 30. We plan on attending Osasuna v Celta Vigo football match the night of May 3 in Pamplona. See you on the trail!

Aha Galicia v Navarra..I like it :) I must take in a La Liga match while on the Camino!!

I am heading to SJPdP on Sunday 11th May and set off in the morning. Looking forward to getting back to walk another section of the camino, but sad and frustrated I could only get five days walking...maybe I'll get some more in the autumn.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.