• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2022 Camino Portugues - Porto starting at the Senda Litoral to Central

Evlyna

Time of past OR future Camino
5/22 Camino Portugues Senda Litoral to Central
Hello everyone!

I am new to the Camino world and hope to be joining the tribe this coming year. After dreaming of walking the Camino for what appears to be a lifetime, I am finally walking the Camino Portugues May, 2022, God willing. My aunt and I hope to start the walk in Porto.

We are commencing the planning and training and couldn't be more thrilled. I know we will have many questions, but for now I am hoping that you can share your knowledge and experience on the following:

1. We want to walk the Senda Litoral then connect to Central upon reaching Vila do Donde. Is the connection marked, if not, what do we look for and on what Etapa on the Gonze Central Map are we joining? We'd like to get a room once we connect and I don't know where to look.

2. Where can I find a listing of all the Albergues available with reservation information?

3. Does booking have special rates for Pilgrims of the Camino or is there a better/cheaper site?

Thanks to all and Buen Camino!

Gratefully,

Evelyn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
1. We want to walk the Senda Litoral then connect to Central upon reaching Vila do Donde. Is the connection marked, if not, what do we look for and on what Etapa on the Gonze Central Map are we joining? We'd like to get a room once we connect and I don't know where to look.
It is marked, but if you want to follow a GPS track you can download the WindyMaps app. All of the Camino routes are already on it, without having to download extra files.

Here's a screen shot of the Vila do Conde area showing the connection to the Central route (dark blue line)

Vila do Conde Windy Map.jpg
2. Where can I find a listing of all the Albergues available with reservation information?

Gronze.com is the best source

3. Does booking have special rates for Pilgrims of the Camino or is there a better/cheaper site?
If you want a pilgrim rate you have to book directly with the property

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It is marked, but if you want to follow a GPS track you can download the WindyMaps app. All of the Camino routes are already on it, without having to download extra files.

Here's a screen shot of the Vila do Conde area showing the connection to the Central route (dark blue line)

View attachment 111930

Gronze.com is the best source

If you want a pilgrim rate you have to book directly with the property
This is awesome info! Thank you so much

Hello everyone!

I am new to the Camino world and hope to be joining the tribe this coming year. After dreaming of walking the Camino for what appears to be a lifetime, I am finally walking the Camino Portugues May, 2022, God willing. My aunt and I hope to start the walk in Porto.

We are commencing the planning and training and couldn't be more thrilled. I know we will have many questions, but for now I am hoping that you can share your knowledge and experience on the following:

Gratefully,

Evelyn
My wife and I walked that same route in 2017, and if we weren't staying in municipal albergues, we just called ahead to private accommodations early in the day for that night's reservation. We never had a problem with that, and there are lodging flyers posted on walls, utility poles, etc, all along the way. I would, however, recommend Casa Fernanda in Lugar do Corgo for an exceptional pilgrim experience, and an advance reservation for that spot is necessary. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the list of our accommodations. (Click on my avatar and then on "Start Conversation".)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Let me just reinforce a couple points others have made. Windy Maps is a great resource. I have downloaded them for several caminos and they’re most useful. The route out of Vila do Conde, although not as well marked through the city as it could be, is pretty straight forward. You won’t have any trouble catching them central route. Finally, as recommended above, stay at Casa Fernanda if you can. Her hospitality is amazing. A great camino experience.

Hello everyone!

Gratefully,

Evelyn
Hey Evlyna
After much pondering, planning, wishing, and delays since 2016 I am now looking to walk in mid May 2022, starting in Porto but sticking to the coastal route, and the Spiritual Variante, God willing, Covid willing and as long as the Australian Government finally after two years lets us out of Fortress Australia.
There is so much information on here, on Gronze and the apps, you will be fine.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello everyone!

Gratefully,

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn,

Also check out the Camino Ninja app (he's also here on the Forum @camino.ninja). He is constantly walking the Camino Portuguese routes and updating his app.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife and I walked that same route in 2017, and if we weren't staying in municipal albergues, we just called ahead to private accommodations early in the day for that night's reservation. We never had a problem with that, and there are lodging flyers posted on walls, utility poles, etc, all along the way. I would, however, recommend Casa Fernanda in Lugar do Corgo for an exceptional pilgrim experience, and an advance reservation for that spot is necessary. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the list of our accommodations. (Click on my avatar and then on "Start Conversation".)
Thank you! PM on the way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back