• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 8 from SJPP

NM99

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés - StJPP-Santiago May-June 2022
Hey, Canadian woman, 59, doing my first Camino (Frances) starting May 8 from SJPP. Am booked in at Orisson, taking it totally relaxo as I will be newly retired. Am equal parts ecstatic and terrified (about being fit enough—and of getting blisters on my feet ha). Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hey, Canadian woman 59!
Sounds like a brilliant way to start retirement. It should be a most agreeable season to be on the camino. And, having the time to take your time - that takes the pressure off the fitness and the blisters (literally, I guess..)
Buen camino

hey, Canadian woman 59!
Sounds like a brilliant way to start retirement. It should be a most agreeable season to be on the camino. And, having the time to take your time - that takes the pressure off the fitness and the blisters (literally, I guess..)
Buen camino
Thanks. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey, Canadian woman, 59, doing my first Camino (Frances) starting May 8 from SJPP. Am booked in at Orisson, taking it totally relaxo as I will be newly retired. Am equal parts ecstatic and terrified (about being fit enough—and of getting blisters on my feet ha). Buen Camino!
Hi! I too am ecstatic and terrified. I'm 66, and newly retired too. Husband and I start 5/2 and will hopefully be taking it as easy as we can. But we may cross paths along the way.
I keep reminding myself that the Camino will provide what I didn't bring or what I might need along the way.
Buen Camino!

I'll be just 1 day behind you. Also staying the night at Orison. I've got 2 months off from work and going to take the Camino slow to enjoy it at about 12 miles per day. Might speed up if I run into a faster group that I connect with. Don't think I'll slow down much beyond 12 miles/day. I want to time this to arrive in Santiago for my 65th birthday and then make a quick trip out and back to Finnisterre before heading home. have to be back to work by July 6.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I'll be just 1 day behind you. Also staying the night at Orison. I've got 2 months off from work and going to take the Camino slow to enjoy it at about 12 miles per day. Might speed up if I run into a faster group that I connect with. Don't think I'll slow down much beyond 12 miles/day. I want to time this to arrive in Santiago for my 65th birthday and then make a quick trip out and back to Finnisterre before heading home. have to be back to work by July
Sounds like we could well cross paths. I’ll be carrying an orange/grey backpack with Canadian and Quebec flags and the Camino badge. Buen Camino!

Sounds like we could well cross paths. I’ll be carrying an orange/grey backpack with Canadian and Quebec flags and the Camino badge. Buen Camino!
More than likely I'll be carrying a small (11 L) red Osprey day pack. I'm still working out the details of my packing strategy. Currently the valuables and some daily use stuff go into the day pack and then the rest plus the day pack go into a 48 L pack. I'll only use the larger pack to move stuff around in the auberge or in airports/train stations. Mostly I plan to use a pack forwarding service for the larger pack and reserve supplies. I like to be non-descript regarding nationality when I travel.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Since 2009 I run a small hotel with bar and vegetarian restaurant on the camino francés. It was a dream come true when we could buy this house and in 2 years we restored it into a hotel with 3...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hi everyone, I was just listening to Ivar's last video and he mentioned Ed Sheeran. So fyi: a heads up. Ed Sheeran will be doing a concert at Monte de Gozo on July 6th this year. Expect there to...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...
Male 61 years old, single and after a major unexpected change in my life I need a solo trip to figure out some life. I also hope to possibly get some direction. I have never traveled alone but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.