• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

metro from Porto Airport

GrahamCambridge

Time of past OR future Camino
15/7/23 Portugal
Hi all

I am flying into Porto airport on a Saturday.

Does anyone know how far i can take the metro to do the coastal route.

I am not sure do i have to get off in Esposende.

If i could get off further i could walk the rest of the way with my time limit.

also how regular is the metro, or would i be better off getting a bus.

Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, you can take the metro a few streets from outside the airport to Póvoa de Varzim and then it's about a 20 km walk to Esposende but I'm sure you can take a bus to further yourself up the coast, enjoy, it's beautiful!!

Hi all

I am flying into Porto airport on a Saturday.

Does anyone know how far i can take the metro to do the coastal route.

I am not sure do i have to get off in Esposende.

If i could get off further i could walk the rest of the way with my time limit.

also how regular is the metro, or would i be better off getting a bus.

Thanks
The Porto Metro is cheap, clean and efficient. For all the information you need check out this page:
Porto Metro information
There is a map of the whole system on this page plus clear instructions on how to use the Metro. It's truly simple once you know. Just remember that if you change lines you need to validate your ticket again. (There are validation machines wherever you're likely to need them.)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to...
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?
I am filling out the Correos bag transportation itinerary and my question is, what do I select as my next destination if my hotel/inn/BnB/apartment is not listed on the drop down menu? Can I...
Does anyone know if there is a west-bound bus that stops in Molinaseca and also makes stops up the "hill"? It rained hard today and I was COLD after the trek from Rabanal so I decided to taxi from...
I just got a note that I'll be switching terminals in Madrid for the last leg to Pamplona. If everything is on time I'll have one hour and fifty minutes to make this happen. Seems like a tight...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back