• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Monasterio de Zenarruza

Seadog55

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to do the Camino del Norte May 2022.
I plan on doing the Camino de Norte this spring (Start in late April 2022) and one of my planned stopped is at the Monasterio De Zenarruza - does any know if you can spend two nights there? The reason I am asking is that I plan/hope to arrive on a Saturday and plan to take every Sunday off while doing the trail. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Chris,

I don't think they'd let you stay in the albergue for two nights. The monastery does offer private rooms as well, though, so you might be able to stay in the albergue the first night and then book a private room for the next night.

Alternately, it's 10km to Olabe, with the well-liked Albergue Andiketxe, so perhaps you'd be ok with a shorter day?

Dave

You can stay there only for one night. And though you cannot stay longer, I would recommend you don't miss this experience. It's an incredible feeling to know you are in an awesome 1000 year old standing monastery!!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Do you know if you can book reserve a room at the monastery in advance? I've been all over their website, but I can't seem to find a way to book a room. Maybe you just can't book in advance.

I was hurt on the Camino, and they were incredibly helpful, both with bandages and with time for respite. If you e-mail them ahead of time, they will work with you, I'm sure. Just as a heads up - only a few speak English, so whatsapp/email works better for contact. They also have private rooms for Pilgrims (you share in their communal meal with other pilgrims, but you get a private room with a private bathroom) for 30 euros per pilgrim.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can stay there only for one night. And though you cannot stay longer, I would recommend you don't miss this experience. It's an incredible feeling to know you are in an awesome 1000 year old standing monastery!!
Hi! I'm not sure if this has changed in the past year (I don't think so), but you can talk with the brothers and make all sorts of different arrangements. They have private rooms for less than I paid for a meal and a bunk bed with a shared bath in Markina, and if you ask, they are often willing to adjust things for someone. They did for me when I was hurt and stopped there.

Most read last week in this forum

On the Norte...started Morgo headed to Santilanna del mer...today...wonderful walk.... 1st 7k and last 7k ...the middle industrail zone was meh. Just past polonca met loverly local spanish...
If anyone is in an albergues in or near Santillana del mar on the 1st of May and comes across Nadia from Ottawa would they kindly point her in the direction of this thread. Thanks all.....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.